If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Ann Arbor, Michigan, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Ann Arbor, MI
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Ann Arbor, MI looking to cut down on realtor commission costs without sacrificing quality service, Clever is the ideal choice.
What we like: Clever offers discounted rates of up to 50% compared to traditional realtors. Also, its matching service is widely respected and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with highly rated local realtors from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare options and find the best fit, all while benefiting from a special 1.5% listing fee, equivalent to Redfin, no matter which realtor you select.
- Collaborate with a skilled agent from a reputable brokerage, not a discounted agent
- Agents are available at up to half their regular rate when you choose Clever
- Enjoy the largest pool of agent choices, with many top realtors in Ann Arbor
- There is no guarantee that you will be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may have an additional cost (agents will outline the inclusions during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin Ann ArborLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling your home in Ann Arbor, MI, and want a discount real estate brokerage that offers good value, Redfin is a compelling option to consider.
What we like: Redfin distinguishes itself with competitive 1.5% listing fees, which can be further reduced if you also choose to purchase a new home. It’s a well-established brand with an extensive selection of discount realtors to choose from.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based approach may not be suitable for everyone. The majority of the selling process is handled remotely, with a Lead Agent and a supportive team managing the transactions. Additionally, Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $2,000 in Ann Arbor. If your home sells for less than $133,000, you’ll pay slightly more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings with Redfin’s competitive listing fees
- Reputable brand with a wide range of agents available
- Sellers who value quick and convenient transactions may appreciate Redfin’s efficient, technology-focused approach
- Redfin’s high-volume, team-based model may not be the ideal fit for sellers seeking a more personalized experience
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($2,000 min. in Ann Arbor) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 39555 Orchard Hill Pl, Suite 600, Novi, MI 48375.
Areas served: Ann Arbor, Berkeley, Canton, Dexter, Ferndale, Fenton, Howell, Livonia, Milford, Mount Clemens, Northville, Novi, Oak Park, Rochester, Troy, Ypsilanti, and more
Other discount real estate brokerages in Ann Arbor, MI
Assist-2-Sell, a provider of MLS services, has experienced a downturn in recent years. . While local offices typically offer a range of comprehensive services and pricing options, the specifics may vary. We opted not to include Assist-2-Sell in our Ann Arbor list due to the limited data available about the company in the area. There is a lack of information regarding pricing, recent transactions, and customer reviews, making it difficult to assess the company’s current presence and level of activity in Ann Arbor.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Ann Arbor area. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Ann Arbor list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Ann Arbor brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Michigan: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Michigan Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Michigan, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Michigan: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Ann Arbor is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Ann Arbor, MI discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Ann Arbor region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Ann Arbor options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.