If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Birmingham, Alabama, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Birmingham, Alabama, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Birmingham, AL
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Augusta, GA, for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from several top Augusta realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Trelora RealtyLearn More
Our take: Trelora Realty is a full-service discount real estate company with a team approach, offering potential savings on realtor fees in Augusta, GA.
What we like: Trelora provides significantly discounted commission rates compared to traditional realtors, which has generated positive customer reviews. This company also uses a team of real estate professionals to serve each client, which could allow for a more diversified range of expertise and service.
Things to watch out for: Rather than assigning a single agent to facilitate the entire process, Trelora uses a team of agents. This approach could cause confusion or a lack of personalization (especially if there’s no clear communication).
- Substantial savings with 1% commission fee
- Positive customer feedback
- Some sellers may prefer the experience of working with a team rather than a solo agent
- Potentially less-personalized service due to team approach
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Felix HomesLearn More
Our take: Felix Homes offers a low 1.5% listing fee, but we couldn’t find any local data to confirm its credibility in the Augusta, GA, area.
What we like: Felix Homes offers a reduced commission, comparable to Clever, which will save you money on your sale. Its average review rating is 5.0 based on 136 reviews (mostly from Tennessee sellers), showing customers tend to be happy with the company’s service.
Things to watch out for: Felix Homes is licensed in Georgia, but it’s unclear what areas it serves. Additionally, its list of services doesn’t mention showing assistance, so sellers should ask clarifying questions as needed.
- Solid savings on listing fees
- High average review score
- Unclear service coverage within Georgia
- No transaction data found in Augusta
- No showing service included in its list of services
- Higher minimum commission fee than other options in Augusta
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,000 min.) at closing
- 2–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
*Most reviews we found are from Tennessee sellers, not Georgia customers.
Our take: Assist-2-Sell has some promising customer review scores and potential savings. However, service and commission details may vary by location. We recommend verifying these details with an Augusta agent before committing.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell is a nationwide brand with a decent customer review score, indicating clients generally positive have experiences with the company.
Things to watch out for: The company doesn’t provide clear information on its services or pricing model, making it hard to compare with other brokers in the Augusta area.
- Multi-state presence
- Solid customer review scores, showing overall client satisfaction
- Lack of transparency in service details
- Pricing varies by location and isn’t explicitly disclosed
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Augusta
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Birmingham brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Georgia: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Georgia Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Georgia, including tips on how to save on your sale.
9 Steps to Selling a Home in Georgia: Are you ready to sell your home in Georgia but need help understanding the process first? Read our complete guide on selling a home in Georgia (with or without a realtor).
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Birmingham, AL, discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Birmingham region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Birmingham options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.