If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Bayonne, New Jersey, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Bayonne, New Jersey, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Bayonne, NJ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Bayonne, NJ, looking to sell your property and save on realtor commission costs (without sacrificing service), Clever is a great choice.
What we like: Clever lets you work with highly qualified realtors at discounted rates of up to 50%. Its matching service has great reviews and is completely free, with no commitment required.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare and choose from multiple options, while benefiting from the special 1.5% listing fee, similar to Redfin, regardless of which realtor you select.
- Match with respected realtors from well-established brokerages (not discount agents)
- Get a 1.5% listing rate when you use Clever
- Access to a wide variety of agents in the Bayonne area
- There’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with an extra cost (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin BayonneLearn More
Our take: Redfin in Bayonne, NJ, offers lower realtor fees without sacrificing quality service; however, it has a higher minimum fee than other options in the area.
What we like: Redfin provides sellers with significant savings with its 1.5% listing fee. And, if you decide to sell and buy with Redfin within a year, you score an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a well-respected and established brand that offers a wide range of discount realtors, surpassing many local brokers in the area.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based approach may not be ideal for everyone. The majority of the process is conducted remotely, and you’ll work with a Lead Agent alongside a back-office team. Keep in mind that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $5,000 in Bayonne. So, if your home sells for $333,000 or less, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- A reliable brand with a strong selection of agents
- Appealing tech-driven approach for certain sellers
- May not be suitable for those seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- $5,000 minimum fee in Bayonne is higher than other options
- Fewer agent options compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,000 min. in Bayonne) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking for an affordable real estate option that emphasizes communication and transparency, Prevu Real Estate is worth considering.
What we like: Prevu’s 1.5% listing fee offers potential savings for sellers. Its user-friendly, online platform ensures easy communication with your agent, and customer reviews are generally positive.
Things to watch out for: There are limited reviews and transaction data available for the Bayonne area. Additionally, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Bayonne listings.
- Clear pricing structure with a competitive listing fee
- Well-established operations in multiple states
- Online platform allows for convenient communication with your discount agent
- Limited public reviews or transaction data specific to Bayonne
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is Bayonne listings
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Bayonne, NJ
Assist-2-Sell has a long history of providing MLS services, but recent performance has been questionable. The lack of available data on Assist-2-Sell in Bayonne makes it difficult for us to evaluate its current presence and level of activity in the area, so we decided not to include this brokerage in our list.
Home Access Realty, a subsidiary of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, is a reliable option for home sellers seeking a reputable brand name and a competitive total commission fee of 4%. Home Access Realty did not make it onto our Bayonne list due to limited available information about its specific services, customer satisfaction, and availability.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Bayonne brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Bayonne is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Bayonne, NJ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Bayonne region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Bayonne options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.