If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Chattanooga, Tennessee, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Chattanooga, Tennessee, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Chattanooga, TN
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking to sell in Chattanooga and want to reduce your realtor commission fees without sacrificing quality service, Clever is our top pick.
What we like: Clever offers substantial savings of up to 50% compared to traditional realtors. Its matching service is highly rated and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-tier, local realtors from well-known brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the flexibility to compare options and select the agent who best fits your needs, all while taking advantage of the exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin).
- Work with an experienced realtor from a reputable brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Save up to 50% off on traditional fees when you work with Clever
- Choose from a wide selection of excellent realtors in Chattanooga
- No guarantee that you will be able to work with a specific agent or the brokerage of your preference
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with additional fees (agents will provide details during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin ChattanoogaLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers.
What we like: Redfin’s 1.5% listing fees can net you solid savings, and you can get an additional 0.5% listing fee savings if you sell and buy with Redfin within 12 months. Redfin is also a large, well-established brand with more discount realtors to choose from than many local discount real estate brokers.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s tech-centric and team-based approach to selling isn’t for everyone. Redfin conducts most of the process remotely, and you work with a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Redfin also has a minimum commission fee of $3,000 in Chattanooga. This means that if your home sells for less than $200,000, you may pay more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with capable agents
- Appeals to sellers who value a tech-driven approach
- Might not be the best choice for those seeking a personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Offers fewer agent choices compared to Clever Real Estate
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min. in Chattanooga) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CST, 7 days a week
Address: 302 Innovation Dr, Suite 320, Franklin, TN 37067
Areas served: Chattanooga, Collegedale, Fort Oglethorpe, East Ridge, Harrison, Lookout Mountain, Middle Valley, Ooltewah, Red Bank, Rossville, Signal Mountain, Soddy-Dasiy, and more
Other discount real estate brokerages in Chattanooga, TN
Assist-2-Sell is a discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company that’s been around for decades but has recently been on the decline. Local offices generally provide full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing models, but the specifics vary by branch. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell Sellers and Buyers Realty, the office listed in Assist-2-Sell’s main directory, because of limited data. We found no pricing details, transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company is still active in Chattanooga.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Chattanooga area. These real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Chattanooga list because we couldn’t verify concrete pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Chattanooga brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Tennessee: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Tennessee Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Tennessee, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Tennessee: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Chattanooga is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Chattanooga, TN discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Chattanooga region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Chattanooga options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.