If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Columbia, Missouri, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Columbia, Missouri, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Columbia, MO
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Columbia, MO, who wants to sell your property and save on realtor fees without sacrificing quality service, Clever is our top pick.
What we like: Clever offers impressive discounts of up to 50% from traditional, full-service realtors. Its matching service has great reviews and is completely free, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated, local realtors from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare your options and find the perfect fit. No matter which realtor you choice, you receive a low 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin).
- Work with a respected agent from a reputable brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents are willing to work at a 1.5% listing fee when you match through Clever
- Access to a wide range of top Columbia, MO, realtors
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may incur additional costs (agents will detail what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale by Hero RealtyLearn More
Our take: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale offers three pricing tiers for sellers looking to minimize costs on real estate commissions in Columbia, MO.
What we like: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale offers full-service representation at flat rates or percentage-based rates, depending on your home value. Plus, this broker has great customer reviews, showing that Missouri sellers are satisfied with their selling experience.
Things to watch out for: We couldn’t find any verified transactions in Missouri for this broker, but customer reviews are largely positive. Also, if your home is valued over $1,000,000, you’ll pay a 2% listing fee, which is higher than Clever’s listing rate.
- Flexible pricing model accommodates varied home values
- Full-service representation regardless of the chosen plan
- Positive customer reviews
- Lack of verified transaction data in Missouri
- Higher listing fee if your home is valued over $1,000,000
- $3,549 at closing for homes under $500,999
- 1% at closing for homes between $501,000 and $1,000,000
- 2% at closing for homes over $1,000,001
Other discount real estate brokerages in Columbia, MO
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our Columbia list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in Columbia, MO
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount real estate broker in Columbia. These agents either offer discounted commission or charge a flat fee for listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Columbia list because we couldn’t verify concrete pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Columbia brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Missouri: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Missouri: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Columbia is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Columbia, MO discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Columbia region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Columbia options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.