If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Dayton, Ohio, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Dayton, Ohio area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Dayton, OH
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Dayton, OH, for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from hundreds of top Dayton realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin DaytonLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers in Dayton, OH.
What we like: Redfin’s 1.5% listing fees can net you solid savings, and you can get an additional 0.5% listing fee savings if you sell and buy with Redfin within 12 months. Redfin is also a large, well-established brand with more discount realtors to choose from than other local discount real estate brokers.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s tech-centric, team-based approach to selling isn’t for everyone. Redfin conducts most of the process remotely, and you work with a lead agent and a back-office team. Redfin also has a minimum $2,000 commission fee in Dayton. So if your home is below $133,333, you’ll pay slightly more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Solid listing fee savings
- Established brand and decent agent selection
- Tech-forward approach may appeal to some sellers
- High-volume, team-centric approach may not be for everyone
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($2,000 min. in Dayton) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Sell for 1% | The Barlow GroupLearn More
Our take: Sell for 1% could be a good fit for sellers in Dayton, OH, looking for a local discount real estate broker that offers full service without hefty listing fees.
What we like: Sell for 1% offers a competitive listing fee with full-service representation, from listing to closing. Its service includes a home valuation, professional photos, MLS listing, showings, negotiations, and final contract execution. Plus, this company has positive reviews, indicating that customers are satisfied with its service.
Things to watch out for: As a local brokerage, Sell for 1% may have less agent selection compared to Clever and Redfin. Also, we didn’t find as many reviews for this company as we did for other local brokerages.
- Low 1% listing fee
- Positive reviews from local customers
- Less agent selection than Clever or Redfin
- Limited reviews compared to other local brokerages
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 1–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Phone: (614) 451-6616
Address: 900 Sawmill Road, #100, Dublin, OH 43017
Areas served: Ashville, Beaver Creek, Bellefontaine, Bexley, Blacklick, Canal Winchester, Chillicothe, Circleville, Clintonville, Columbus, Commercial Point, Dayton, Delaware, Dublin, Englewood, Gahanna, German Village, Grandview, Heights, Granville, Grove City, Groveport, Heath, Hilliard, Huber Heights, Kenton, Kettering, Lancaster, Lewis Center, Lima, London, Marion, Marysville, Minerva Park, New Albany, Newark, Northland, Obetz, Olde Town East, Orient, Ostrander, Pataskala, Pickerington, Plain City, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Richwood, Springfield, Sunbury, University District, Upper Arlington, Waldo, Washington Court House, Westerville, West Jefferson, Whitehall, Worthington, Yellow Springs, and Zanesville
Ohio Real Estate GuysLearn More
Our take: Ohio Real Estate Guys is locally owned and operated discount real estate brokerage in the Dayton, OH, area. While its service has a solid reputation, this company doesn’t offer the same level of savings as Clever or Redfin.
What we like: Ohio Real Estate Guys is a local brand that offers full real estate service for a somewhat reduced commission. It has a strong customer review rating, which indicates customers are satisfied with the service.
Things to watch out for: Its fees are on the higher side compared to other discount real estate companies, with a total commission of 4%. It’s unclear how the listing agent and buyer’s agent split the total commission.
- Positive customer reviews in Ohio
- 4% total commission rate offers more savings than using a traditional realtor
- Less savings than other discount real estate brokers in the area
- No recent transactions found in Dayton
- 4% total commission at closing
*Unclear how the listing agent and buyer’s agent split the total commission
Other discount real estate brokerages in Dayton, OH
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Dayton area. Its real estate agents offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Dayton list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions.
3D Home Sales is an Ohio-based discount real estate brokerage that didn’t make our main list due to several service limitations. It charges an upfront, nonrefundable fee of $594, and we couldn’t find any customer reviews or Dayton transaction data. While its 0.75% closing fee may seem low, potential clients should take the upfront fee into consideration and ask about what its full service includes.
499 Realtor is a discount realtor that didn’t make our Dayton list because we couldn’t verify crucial information. Its service model and pricing details are unclear, making it difficult to compare to other brokerages and assess the potential value to clients. Additionally, 499 Realtor charges an upfront, nonrefundable $499 fee, and we couldn’t find any public reviews or transaction data in the Dayton area.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Dayton brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Ohio: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Ohio Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Ohio, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Ohio: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Dayton is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Dayton, OH discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Dayton region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Dayton options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.