If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Detroit, Michigan, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Detroit, Michigan, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Detroit, MI
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: For home sellers in Detroit, MI, who want to save on realtor commission without compromising on service, we highly recommend Clever.
What we like: Clever offers discounted rates of up to 50% from non-discount realtors. Additionally, their matching service is highly regarded and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated local realtors from prominent brokerages including RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare your options to find the best fit, all while benefiting from the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of which realtor you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from several top Detroit realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin DetroitLearn More
Our take: Redfin provides a good value for most home sellers looking for a discount real estate broker in Detroit.
What we like: With Redfin, you can expect solid savings thanks to their 1.5% listing fees. If you choose to both sell and buy with Redfin within 12 months, you can enjoy an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is an established brand offering a wider selection of discount realtors compared to many local discount real estate brokers.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based selling approach might not suit everyone’s preferences. Most of the process is conducted remotely, and you’ll work with a Lead Agent and a supportive back-office team. It’s also important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $3,500 in Detroit. This means that if your home sells for below $233,000, you’ll end up paying slightly more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Solid listing fee savings
- Established brand and decent agent selection
- Tech-forward approach may appeal to some sellers
- High-volume, team-centric approach may not be for everyone
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,500 min. in Detroit) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 39555 Orchard Hill Pl, Suite 600, Novi, MI 48375.
Areas served: Ann Arbor, Berkeley, Canton, Detroit, Dexter, Ferndale, Fenton, Howell, Livonia, Milford, Mount Clemens, Northville, Novi, Oak Park, Ypsilanti, and more
Our take: Assist-2-Sell presents some promising customer review scores and potential savings. However, service and commission details may vary from one location to another. We recommend verifying these details with a Detroit agent before committing.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell is a nationwide brand with a decent customer review score, indicating that clients have had a generally positive experience with the company.
Things to watch out for: The company doesn’t provide clear information on its services or pricing model, making it hard to compare with other brokers in the Detroit, MI, area.
- Multi-state presence
- Solid customer review scores, showing overall client satisfaction
- Lack of transparency in service details
- Pricing varies by location and isn’t explicitly disclosed
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Detroit, MI
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Detroit brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Michigan: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Michigan Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Michigan, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Michigan: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Detroit is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Detroit, MI discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Detroit region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Detroit options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.