If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Clifton, New Jersey, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Clifton, New Jersey, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Clifton, NJ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: For homeowners in Clifton, NJ, who are seeking to minimize realtor commission costs while still receiving excellent service, Clever is our first pick.
What we like: Clever connects sellers with highly qualified realtors at discounted rates up to 50%. Its matching service has excellent reviews and doesn’t come with any obligations or fees.
How it works: Clever matches sellers with top-rated local realtors from well-respected brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You can explore multiple options and choose the realtor that aligns best with your needs. Regardless of the chosen realtor, you’ll receive the exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin).
- Partner with a reputable realtor from an established brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Take advantage of substantial savings of up to 50% on standard rates when working with Clever
- Gain access to a diverse pool of agents, including many highly rated realtors who are available in Clifton, NJ
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services, such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours, may entail additional fees (agents will provide all details during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin CliftonLearn More
Our take: If you’re planning to both sell and buy in Clifton, NJ, Redfin could be a good fit for you. But keep in mind that it has a higher minimum commission fee than other options in New Jersey.
What we like: Redfin stands out for its affordable listing fees, charging only 1.5% of the home’s sale price. If you choose to use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you’ll benefit from an extra 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a reputable brand with a wide network of discount realtors compared to other discount real estate brokers in Clifton.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s approach, which relies heavily on technology and employs a team-based structure, may not suit everyone’s preferences. The majority of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and back-office team. Sellers should consider Redfin’s minimum commission fee of $5,000 in Clifton. This means that if your home is valued at $334,000 or less, you’ll end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- A reputable brand with a strong roster of agents
- Appealing tech-driven approach for some sellers
- Not ideal for those seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- The $5,000 minimum fee in Clifton is higher than other alternatives
- Redfin offers a smaller selection of agents compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,000 min. in Clifton) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Clifton, NJ, who values affordability, communication, and transparency, Prevu Real Estate could be a good option. However, it may not offer the same level of local expertise as other choices in the area.
What we like: Prevu’s competitive 1.5% listing fee allows sellers to save money on realtor commissions. Its user-friendly, online platform allows easy communication with agents, and most customer reviews indicate satisfaction with the service.
Things to watch out for: We couldn’t find any transaction data for the Clifton area, which may indicate that Prevu is less experienced in this market. Also, it isn’t clear what the minimum commission fee is for listings in Clifton.
- Transparent pricing structure with a listing fee that’s competitive in the market
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform simplifies communication with discount agents
- Limited public reviews or transaction data specific to Clifton
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is for Clifton
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Our take: Houwzer offers decent value for home sellers in Clifton, NJ, who want to save on realtor commission but still receive full service.
What we like: Houwzer offers a low 1% listing fee at closing, allowing sellers to significantly reduce costs. Customers consistently praise the low fees and high-quality service they receive.
Things to watch out for: The length of the MLS listing period isn’t clearly disclosed, which could potentially lead to unexpected expenses or delays. Also, Houwzer’s experience in the Clifton area may be limited compared to other brokerages in the area.
- Competitive 1% listing fee at closing
- Consistently positive customer reviews
- Comprehensive support throughout the entire selling process
- Unclear service coverage and agent selection in Clifton
- Limited presence or market experience in Clifton
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2% minimum buyer’s agent commission at closing
Other discount real estate brokerages in Clifton, NJ
Assist-2-Sell has a history of providing MLS services, but there are some concerns regarding its recent performance. Due to limited data available on Assist-2-Sell in Clifton, it’s difficult for us to accurately evaluate its current level of activity in the market. As a result, we have chosen not to include it on our list.
Home Access Realty, a subsidiary of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, is a trustworthy choice for home sellers in search of a well-known brand and a competitive total commission fee of 4%. However, we were unable to gather extensive information about its specific services, customer satisfaction, and availability, so we left Home Access Realty off our Clifton list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Clifton brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Clifton is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Clifton, NJ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Clifton region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Clifton options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.