If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Elizabeth, New Jersey, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Elizabeth, New Jersey, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Elizabeth, NJ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Elizabeth, NJ, who wants to minimize realtor commission costs without sacrificing service quality, Clever is a great choice.
What we like: Clever connects sellers with highly qualified realtors who offer discounts of up to 50%. Its matching service has received excellent feedback and requires no obligations or fees.
How it works: Clever matches sellers with top-rated local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the flexibility to explore multiple options and select the realtor that best suits your needs. Regardless of the realtor you choose, you’ll receive the exclusive 1.5% listing fee, the same as Redfin.
- Work with a reputable realtor from a well-known brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Experience substantial savings of up to 50% off standard rates through Clever’s network of realtors
- Many realtors to choose from in Elizabeth, NJ
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may incur extra costs (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin ElizabethLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling and buying a home in Elizabeth, NJ, Redfin could be a good fit, but keep in mind that Redfin has a higher minimum commission fee compared to other options in Elizabeth.
What we like: Redfin is known for its competitive listing fees, charging just 1.5% of the sale price. If you decide to use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you’ll receive an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a reputable brand with a wide network of discounted realtors, providing more choices compared to other discount real estate brokers in Elizabeth.
Things to watch out for: Redfin relies heavily on technology and operates with a team-based model, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. The majority of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Sellers need to be aware of Redfin’s minimum commission fee of $5,000 in Elizabeth. This means that if your home is valued at $334,000 or less, you’ll end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Strong reputation with a roster of reliable agents
- Appealing tech-driven approach for certain sellers
- May not be the best choice for those seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- The $5,000 minimum fee in Elizabeth is higher compared to other alternatives
- Redfin offers a smaller selection of agents compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,000 min. in Elizabeth) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Elizabeth, NJ, seeking affordability, communication, and transparency, consider using Prevu. However, it may not offer the same level of local expertise as other options in the area.
What we like: Prevu provides a competitive listing fee of 1.5%, enabling sellers to save on realtor commissions. Its user-friendly, online platform facilitates seamless communication with agents, and customer reviews generally express satisfaction with the service.
Things to watch out for: We were unable to find specific transaction data for the Elizabeth area, which suggests that Prevu may have less experience in this market. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Elizabeth listings.
- Transparent pricing structure with a competitive listing fee in the market
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform for easy communication with discount agents
- Limited public reviews or transaction data specifically for Elizabeth
- Unclear minimum listing fee for Elizabeth listings
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Elizabeth, NJ
Assist-2-Sell is a discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company that’s been around for decades but has recently been on the decline. Local offices generally provide full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing models, but the specifics vary by branch. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell Sellers and Buyers Realty, the office listed in Assist-2-Sell’s main directory, because of limited data. We found no pricing details, transactions, or customer reviews to suggest the company is still active in the Elizabeth area.
Home Access Realty, a subsidiary of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, is worth considering. It offers a competitive commission fee of 4%, which can help sellers save money. We didn’t include Home Access Realty on our recommended list for Elizabeth due to limited information available about its specific services, customer satisfaction, and availability.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Elizabeth brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Elizabeth is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Elizabeth, NJ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Elizabeth region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Elizabeth options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.