If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Franklin, Tennessee, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Franklin, Tennessee, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Franklin, TN
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking to sell in Franklin, TN, and want to reduce your realtor commission fees without sacrificing quality service, Clever is an excellent choice.
What we like: Clever provides significant cost savings of up to 50% compared to traditional realtors. Its matching service has great reviews and is completely free, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with top local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You can review all your agent options and choose the realtor that best suits your needs. No matter which agent you choose, you receive a 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin).
- Choose from experienced realtors from top-tier brokerages (not discount agents)
- Low 1.5% listing fee when you work with Clever
- Choose from several exceptional realtors in Franklin
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or your preferred brokerage
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may require an additional fee (agents will provide a detailed breakdown during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin FranklinLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers in Franklin, but its minimum commission fee is higher than other options in the area.
What we like: Redfin offers a 1.5% listing fee, helping sellers save money at closing. If you choose to use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, the listing fee drops to just 1% when selling your home.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s tech-centric and team-based approach to selling isn’t for everyone. Redfin conducts most of the process remotely, and you work with a Lead Agent and a back-office team. It’s also important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $4,500 in Franklin. This means that if your home sells for less than $300,000, you may pay more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Well-known brand with capable agents
- Appeals to sellers who value a technology-driven approach
- May not suit those seeking a personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Higher minimum fee in Franklin compared to alternatives
- Provides fewer agent choices compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in Franklin) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Felix HomesLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking to sell your home in Franklin, Felix Homes offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, but it may not offer the level of full service that some sellers need.
What we like: Felix Homes’ 1.5% commission rate is on par with Redfin and Clever. With an average review score of 5.0 based on 136 reviews (primarily from Tennessee sellers), it’s clear that many customers are satisfied with the level of service provided by Felix Homes.
Things to watch out for: Its list of included services doesn’t mention showing assistance, so sellers should inquire about this to ensure their needs are met.
- Low 1.5% listing fee
- Great reviews from Tennessee sellers
- May not provide home showing assistance
- Unclear how long the MLS listing period is
- Limited transaction data in certain areas
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,000 min.) at closing
- 2–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Other discount real estate brokerages in Franklin, TN
Assist-2-Sell is well-known for its MLS services, but recent performance raises some concerns. While its local offices typically offer comprehensive services and various flat fee pricing options, the exact details may vary. The limited data on Assist-2-Sell’s performance in Franklin doesn’t allow us to fully assess its current market presence, which is why we didn’t include it in our main list.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Franklin area. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Franklin list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Realty Savings could be a good discount realtor option in Franklin, but the vague details about its services and pricing structure make it difficult to fully gauge its value. Prospective clients have to fill out a form to receive detailed information, which could be inconvenient for those seeking immediate clarity on what to expect. For these reasons, we left Realty Savings off our Franklin list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Franklin brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Tennessee: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Tennessee Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Tennessee, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Tennessee: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Franklin is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Franklin, TN discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Franklin region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Franklin options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.