If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Grand Rapids, Michigan, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Grand Rapids, MI
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Grand Rapids who wants to sell your property and save on realtor commission, Clever is an excellent choice.
What we like: Clever provides the opportunity to work with highly qualified, traditional realtors at significantly reduced rates of up to 50%. Its matching service has a strong reputation and is completely free with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare your options and select the realtor that best meets your requirements, all while taking advantage of an exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), no matter which realtor you choose.
- Work with a traditional agent from a well-known brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Discounted rates of up to 50% compared to standard rates when working through Clever
- Access to a wide selection of agents, with several top realtors available in Grand Rapids
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come at an extra cost (agents provide a breakdown of what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin Grand RapidsLearn More
Our take: If you’re a seller in Grand Rapids, MI, who wants to save on realtor fees while still receiving good service, Redfin is a good option to consider.
What we like: Redfin distinguishes itself with its affordable 1.5% listing fees, providing considerable savings for sellers. Plus, if you use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you receive an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a well-established brand that offers a wide array of discount realtors, surpassing many local brokers in the region.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based approach might not be everyone’s cup of tea. The majority of the process is handled remotely, and you’ll work with a Lead Agent along with a supportive back-office team. It’s important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $3,000 in Grand Rapids. So, if you have a home worth $200,000 or less, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Well-known brand with a decent selection of agents
- Appealing tech-forward approach for some sellers
- May not suit those who prefer a more personalized, individual agent approach
- Fewer agent options compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min. in Grand Rapids) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Grand Rapids, MI looking for a discount real estate option, Assist-2-Sell may be a good fit for you. With its multi-state presence and positive customer reviews, this company can sell your home for lower listing fees.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell provides a full-service experience at lower commission rates compared to traditional brokerages. It has a strong reputation and a wide network of agents to choose from.
Things to watch out for: It’s important to note that its pricing structure and services can vary by location. Make sure to contact a Grand Rapids agent to get a clear understanding of its fees and services before making a decision.
- Lower commission rates compared to traditional brokerages
- Full-service experience with a wide network of agents
- Strong reputation and positive customer reviews
- Pricing and services can vary by location
- The lack of transparency in service details from Assist-2-Sell can make it challenging to fully understand what to expect when working with this broker
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Grand Rapids, MI
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Grand Rapids, MI
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in Michigan. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Michigan list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
HomeFlex Realty is a local real estate broker in the Grand Rapids area. It offers a variety of packages, ranging from closing assistance to full service. We didn’t Home Flex Realty in our Grand Rapids list due to some unclarity about its pricing models. It’s unclear if sellers will actually save on realtor commission if the buyer is represented by another brokerage.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Grand Rapids brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Michigan: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Michigan Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Michigan, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Michigan: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Grand Rapids is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Grand Rapids, MI discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Grand Rapids region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Grand Rapids options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.