If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Greenville, North Carolina, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Greenville, North Carolina, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Greenville, NC
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top choice for sellers in Greenville, NC, who want to save on realtor commission fees without compromising service.
What we like: Clever helps you secure discounted rates (up to 50%) from traditional realtors. Its matching service is highly rated and completely free, with no obligation.
How it works: Clever connects you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare multiple options to find the best fit and still benefit from the special 1.5% listing fee, which is the same as Redfin’s, regardless of the realtor you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Largest selection of agents — pick from several outstanding realtors in Greenville, NC
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Trelora RealtyLearn More
Our take: If you prioritize cost savings over personalized service, Trelora presents a viable option for your discounted real estate sale.
What we like: Trelora offers significant savings with a flat 1% listing fee upon closing. The higher the sale price, the more you stand to save.
Things to watch out for: Trelora operates under a team model, which means you’ll interact with multiple agents rather than having a single point of contact. This may not be suitable for those who prefer a more personalized experience.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Team-based approach offers a wealth of knowledge and increased availability
- Potential lack of personalized service due to the team model
- Limited transaction data in Greenville suggests a lesser familiarity with the local market
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Our take: Assist-2-Sell presents some promising customer review scores and potential savings. However, service and commission details may vary from one location to another. We recommend verifying these details with a Greenville agent before committing.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell is a nationwide brand with a decent customer review score, indicating that clients have had a generally positive experience with the company.
Things to watch out for: The company doesn’t provide clear information on its services or pricing model, making it hard to compare with other brokers in the Greenville, NC, area.
- Multi-state presence
- Solid customer review scores, showing overall client satisfaction
- Lack of transparency in service details
- Pricing varies by location and isn’t explicitly disclosed
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Greenville
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Greenville brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in North Carolina: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
North Carolina Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in North Carolina, including tips on how to save on your sale.
9 Steps to Selling a Home in North Carolina: Are you ready to sell your home in Greenville but need help understanding the process first? Read our complete guide on selling a home in North Carolina (with or without a realtor).
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Greenville, NC discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Greenville region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Greenville options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.