If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Hampton, Virginia, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Hampton, Virginia, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Hampton, VA
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Hampton VA, and you want to maximize your savings on real estate agent fees while still receiving top-notch service, Clever is our top pick.
What we like: Clever offers impressive discounts compared to traditional agent commissions with its 1.5% listing fee. Plus, its matching service is highly rated by customers and completely free, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with experienced local agents from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You can review and compare your options to find the perfect fit, all while taking advantage of Clever’s exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of which agent you choose.
- Work with an experienced agent from a well-respected brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Enjoy substantial savings of up to 50% through Clever’s extensive network of agents
- Choose from several top-rated realtors in Hampton
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with an extra cost (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Our take: Operating under eXp Realty, CapCenter is a great option for individuals looking to both buy and sell in Hampton.
What we like: If you’re buying and selling a house in Virginia, CapCenter may offer the lowest-cost service option. Even if you’re not planning to buy, you receive a low 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.), comparable to Redfin and Clever. According to many reviews, CapCenter provides high-quality service that satisfies most of its customers.
Things to watch out for: As a smaller company, CapCenter doesn’t have as much agent selection compared to national brands like Clever. Be sure to interview your agent to make sure they have the experience you need.
- Significant savings if you both buy and sell with CapCenter
- Excellent review score from a substantial number of customers
- Competitive pricing even if you’re not buying a house
- Maximum savings only if you buy and sell with CapCenter
- Less agent selection compared to larger discount brands
- 1% listing fee ($2,000 min.) if you sell and buy
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) if you’re only selling
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin HamptonLearn More
Our take: Redfin offers decent value for most sellers in Hampton, but it does have a higher minimum commission fee compared to other choices in the area.
What we like: Redfin stands out with its competitive listing fees, charging only 1.5% of the sale price. If you buy and sell with Redfin within a year, you can save an additional 0.5% on the listing fee. Redfin is a reputable brand with a larger network of discount agents than other discount real estate brokers in Hampton.
Things to watch out for: Redfin relies on technology and operates using a team-oriented model, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. The majority of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Sellers should also be aware that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $5,500 in Hampton. So, if your home’s value is less than $367,000, you’ll pay more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Good reputation and reliable agents
- Technology-driven approach appeals to some sellers
- May not be the ideal choice for individuals seeking a more hands-on, personalized agent experience
- $5,500 minimum fee is higher than other alternatives in Hampton
- Redfin has a smaller agent pool compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,500 min. in Hampton) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate is a multi-state discount real estate brokerage that offers decent value for home sellers in Hampton. However, sellers should inquire about the market expertise of its agents in the area.
What we like: Prevu offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee in Hampton. The company’s established presence in multiple states demonstrates its ability to consistently provide quality service across various locations. Also, its online platform allows for easy and seamless communication with its discount agents.
Things to watch out for: There’s limited available information on reviews and transaction data for the Hampton area, which may suggest Prevu is less active in this market. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for listings in Hampton.
- Competitive listing fee in Hampton
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform for easy communication with discount realtors
- Limited public reviews or transaction data for Hampton
- The minimum listing fee for listings in Hampton isn’t available online
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Hampton, VA
Assist-2-Sell, an established real estate brokerage, has been in decline lately. Although the brokerage is known for its MLS services and has a long-standing presence in the industry, recent trends suggest a decrease in market activity. We couldn’t gather enough data to provide a comprehensive review. Due to this lack of information, we left Assist-2-Sell off our list of recommended Hampton discount real estate brokers.
Best Choice Flat Fee offers a low $999 listing fee for its full-service package, but we didn’t include it on our Hampton list due to unclear full-service plans. We couldn’t find any online customer reviews, which raises questions about its quality of service. With no transactions in Hampton in the past six months, potential clients might find their needs better served with another brokerage.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in Hampton. These real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Hampton list because we couldn’t verify concrete pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Hampton brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Virginia: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Virginia Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Virginia, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Virginia: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Hampton is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Hampton, VA discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Hampton region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Hampton options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.