If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Jersey City, New Jersey, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Jersey City, New Jersey, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Jersey City, NJ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Sellers in Jersey City, NJ, looking to save on realtor commission costs should consider using Clever for its low fees and wide agent selection.
What we like: Clever offers the opportunity to work with highly qualified realtors at discounted rates of up to 50%. Its matching service is widely respected and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated, local realtors from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare multiple options and select the best fit for your needs. The best part is, regardless of the realtor you choose, you’ll benefit from the exclusive 1.5% listing fee, similar to Redfin.
- Respected realtors from well-established brokerages (not discount agents)
- Discounted rates can save you up to 50% compared to standard rates when working with Clever
- Access a wide variety of highly rated agents in Jersey City
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come at an extra cost (agents provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin Jersey CityLearn More
Our take: Redfin provides an attractive option for sellers in Jersey City, NJ, who are looking for lower realtor fees without compromising on quality service. If your home is valued at $334,000 or higher, Redfin is worth considering.
What we like: Redfin offers an affordable 1.5% listing fee, allowing sellers to save a significant amount of money. And if you choose to work with Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you can enjoy an extra 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a well-established and respected brand that has a wide range of discount realtors.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based approach may not be suitable for everyone. The majority of the process is conducted remotely, and you’ll work with a Lead Agent alongside a back-office team. It’s important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $5,000 in Jersey City. So, if your home is valued at $333,000 or less, you might end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- A reputable brand with a strong roster of agents
- Appealing tech-driven approach for certain sellers
- May not be ideal for those seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- The $5,000 minimum fee in Jersey City is higher than other alternatives
- Redfin offers fewer agent options compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,000 min. in Jersey City) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling a home in Jersey City, NJ, and want a real estate option that prioritizes affordability, communication, and transparency, consider using Prevu Real Estate. But be aware that it may not offer the same level of local expertise as other options in the area.
What we like: Prevu’s competitive 1.5% listing fee gives sellers the opportunity to save money. Its user-friendly online platform facilitates seamless communication with agents, and customer reviews generally indicate satisfaction with the service.
Things to watch out for: Keep in mind that there’s limited available information on reviews and transaction data specifically for the Jersey City area. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for listings in Jersey City.
- Simple pricing structure with a competitive listing fee
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform that makes communicating with your discount agent easier
- Limited publicly available reviews or transaction data specific to Jersey City
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is for properties in Jersey City
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Jersey City, NJ
Assist-2-Sell has a solid track record of offering MLS services, but recent performance has raised some concerns. The lack of available data on Assist-2-Sell in Jersey City makes it challenging for us to assess its current involvement and degree of activity in the market. As a result, we have decided not to feature it on our list.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Jersey City area. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Jersey City list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Home Access Realty, a subsidiary of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, is a trustworthy choice for home sellers looking for a well-known brand and a competitive total commission fee of 4%. However, due to limited information about its specific services, customer satisfaction, and availability, we did not include Home Access Realty on our Jersey City list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Jersey City brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Jersey City is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Jersey City, NJ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Jersey City region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Jersey City options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.