If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Knoxville, Tennessee, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Knoxville, Tennessee, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Knoxville, TN
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: For Knoxville homeowners who want to minimize their realtor commission fees while still receiving top-notch service, Clever is an excellent choice.
What we like: Clever offers impressive savings of up to 50% compared to traditional realtors. Its matching service is highly respected and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with exceptional local realtors from renowned brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare options and choose the realtor that best suits your needs, all while benefiting from their exclusive 1.5% listing fee, equivalent to Redfin.
- Collaborate with an experienced realtor from a reputable brokerage, rather than opting for a discount agent
- Significantly reduce fees by up to 50% when you choose Clever
- Select from a wide array of exceptional realtors in Knoxville
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or your preferred brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come at an extra cost (agents will provide a detailed breakdown during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin KnoxvilleLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Knoxville, TN, looking to reduce realtor commission fees while still receiving quality service, consider Redfin as an option.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive listing fee of 1.5%, allowing for significant savings. Additionally, if you use Redfin for buying and selling within a year, the listing fee drops to 1% when selling your home.
Things to watch out for: Redfin uses a technology-driven approach and a team structure. While this can result in streamlined processes, some individuals may prefer a personalized, one-on-one agent experience. It’s also worth noting that Redfin conducts most of the transaction remotely, with a lead agent supported by a back-office team. Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $4,500 in Knoxville. If your home sells for less than $300,000, you may pay more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with capable agents
- Appeals to homeowners who value a technology-focused approach
- Might not be the ideal choice for those seeking a personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Higher minimum fee of $4,500 in Knoxville compared to other options
- Offers fewer agent choices compared to Clever Real Estate
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in Knoxville) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Other discount real estate brokerages in Knoxville, TN
Assist-2-Sell is recognized for its MLS services, but recent performance raises some concerns. The limited available data on Assist-2-Sell in Knoxville doesn’t allow us to fully assess its current market presence. Therefore, we aren’t featuring it on our Knoxville list.
Discount Realtor provides a referral service to connect sellers in Knoxville with discount realtors. We didn’t include Discount Realtor on our list of top options for sellers in Knoxville due to the lack of verified pricing details, reviews, and transactions. But it could still be worth considering as an alternative.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Knoxville brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Tennessee: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Tennessee Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Tennessee, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Tennessee: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Knoxville is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commission: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Knoxville, TN discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Knoxville region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list and ranked the top Knoxville options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.