If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Lansing, Michigan, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Lansing, Michigan, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Lansing, MI
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Lansing, MI, looking for a way to reduce realtor commission costs without compromising on service, Clever is an excellent choice.
What we like: Clever offers discounted rates of up to 50% compared to traditional realtors. Additionally, its matching service is highly regarded and completely free, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with highly rated local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the flexibility to compare your options and find the best fit, all while benefiting from a special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) regardless of which realtor you ultimately choose.
- Work with a skilled agent from a renowned brokerage — not a discount agent
- Agents are available at up to half their regular rate when you work with Clever
- Widest selection of realtors, with many top realtors in Lansing, MI
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services, such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours, may come with an extra cost (agents will discuss what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin LansingLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Lansing, MI, looking for a discount real estate brokerage that provides good value for a great price, Redfin is a choice to consider.
What we like: Redfin stands out by offering highly competitive listing fees of only 1.5%, which can be further reduced if you choose to buy your new home through Redfin. Its well-established reputation and extensive selection of discount realtors are also noteworthy.
Things to watch out for: RRedfin’s technology-driven and team-oriented approach may not be suitable for everyone. Most of the selling process is handled remotely, with a Lead Agent and a dedicated team managing the transactions. Additionally, Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $2,000 in Lansing. If your home sells for less than $133,000, your effective commission rate may be slightly higher than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Save significantly with Redfin’s competitive listing fees
- Reputable brand with a wide range of agents available for selection
- Sellers seeking quick and convenient transactions may appreciate Redfin’s technology-driven approach
- Redfin’s high-volume, team-based model may not be the best fit for sellers seeking a more personalized experience
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($2,000 min. in Lansing) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Lansing, MI looking for a discount real estate option, Assist-2-Sell may be a good fit for you. With its multi-state presence and positive customer reviews, this company can sell your home for lower listing fees.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell provides a full-service experience at lower commission rates compared to traditional brokerages. It has a strong reputation and a wide network of agents to choose from.
Things to watch out for: It’s important to note that its pricing structure and services can vary by location. Make sure to contact a Lansing agent to get a clear understanding of its fees and services before making a decision.
- Lower commission rates compared to traditional brokerages
- Full-service experience with a wide network of agents
- Strong reputation and positive customer reviews
- Pricing and services can vary by location
- The lack of transparency in service details from Assist-2-Sell can make it challenging to fully understand what to expect when working with this broker
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Lansing, MI
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Lansing brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Michigan: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Michigan Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Michigan, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Michigan: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Lansing is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Lansing, MI discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Lansing region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Lansing options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.