If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Lee's Summit, Missouri, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Lee's Summit, Missouri, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Lee's Summit, MO
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Lee’s Summit, MO, looking to sell your home and save on realtor fees without sacrificing service, we highly recommend Clever Real Estate.
What we like: Clever Real Estate offers substantial savings of up to 50% from traditional realtors. Additionally, its matching service is highly rated and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever Real Estate connects you with highly-rated, local realtors from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the flexibility to compare your options and find the perfect fit, all while benefiting from their special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) regardless of which realtor you choose to work with.
- Work with a reputable agent from a well-known brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Full-service realtors are willing to work for a 1.5% listing fee through Clever
- Access to a wide selection of top Lee’s Summit realtors
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with additional costs (agents will provide details during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin Lee’s SummitLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Lee’s Summit, MO, who wants to work with a reputable discount real estate brokerage, Redfin is certainly worth considering. However, Redfin has a higher minimum commission compared to other local brokerages.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, which can lead to substantial cost savings. Plus, if you choose to buy and sell through Redfin within a year, there’s an opportunity for an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a well-known and widely trusted brand that provides a diverse range of discount realtors for you to choose from.
Things to watch out for: Redfin has a technology-driven and team-based approach, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. Most of the process is handled remotely with a Lead Agent supported by a back-office team, but some sellers may prefer a more personalized agent experience. Redfin also has a minimum commission fee of $3,500 in Lee’s Summit. This means if your home sells for less than $233,000, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with a strong lineup of agents
- Remote, team-based approach may be beneficial for some sellers
- Higher minimum fee compared to other options in Lee’s Summit
- Limited selection of agents compared to Clever
- Remote approach isn’t ideal for some sellers
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,500 min. in Lee’s Summit) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CST, 7 days a week
Address: 800 E 101st Terrace, Suite 350, Kansas City, MO 64131
Areas served: Brookside, Fairway, Kansas City, Leawood, Lenexa, Liberty, Mission, Olathe, Overland Park, Parkville, Prairie Village, Roeland Park, Shawnee, and more
Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale by Hero RealtyLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking to reduce the costs associated with traditional real estate commissions in Missouri, Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale is a decent option to consider. It offers three pricing tiers, providing flexibility for sellers with different home values.
What we like: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale provides a comprehensive representation package at either flat rates or percentage-based rates, depending on the value of your home. Despite its lower commission rates, this brokerage has maintained a high level of customer satisfaction, with generally positive reviews and a strong performance record.
Things to watch out for: We were unable to find specific verified transactions related to Missouri, which made it difficult to guage its performance.
- Flexible pricing structure that accommodates a wide range of home values
- Comprehensive representation provided, regardless of the chosen pricing plan
- Majority of customer reviews are positive, indicating satisfaction with the services
- Availability of transaction data for Missouri is limited
- Listing fee is relatively high for homes valued over $1,000,000
- $3,549 at closing for homes under $500,999
- 1% at closing for homes between $501,000 and $1,000,000
- 2% at closing for homes over $1,000,001
Other discount real estate brokerages in Lee's Summit, MO
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our Lee’s Summit list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the greater Kansas City area. These real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left Discount Realtor off our main list because we couldn’t verify concrete pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Lee's Summit brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Missouri: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Missouri: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Lee’s Summit is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Lee's Summit, MO discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Lee's Summit region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Lee's Summit options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.