If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Livonia, Michigan, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Livonia, Michigan, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Livonia, MI
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you want to sell your property in Livonia, MI, and save on realtor commission and receive exceptional service, Clever is a great choice.
What we like: Clever provides the opportunity to work with traditional realtors at discounted rates of up to 50%. Also, its matching service is highly reputable, and it comes at no cost and with no obligations.
How it works: Clever facilitates connections between homeowners and highly rated local realtors associated with brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare different options and select the most suitable realtor for your needs, all while benefiting from an exclusive 1.5% listing fee (equivalent to Redfin) regardless of your final choice.
- Collaborate with a traditional agent from a prominent brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Realtors work at discounts of up to 50% through Clever
- Widest range of agent options, with several top-rated realtors available in Livonia
- No guarantee of working with a specific agent or brokerage you may have in mind
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come at an extra cost (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin LivoniaLearn More
Our take: When it comes to discount real estate brokerages in Livonia, Redfin offers good value for home sellers.
What we like: Redfin provides significant savings with its 1.5% listing fees. If you choose to buy and sell with Redfin within a year, you receive an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a reputable and well-known brand, offering a wide selection of discount realtors compared to local discount real estate brokers in Livonia.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based selling approach may not be suitable for everyone. Most of the process is conducted remotely, and you’ll work with a Lead Agent and a supportive back-office team. Additionally, it’s important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $3,500 in Livonia. This means that if your home sells for less than $233,000, you’ll end up paying slightly more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with a decent selection of agents
- Tech-forward approach may be appealing to some sellers
- Team-based approach may not be a fit for all
- Less agent selection compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,500 min. in Livonia) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 39555 Orchard Hill Pl, Suite 600, Novi, MI 48375.
Areas served: Ann Arbor, Berkeley, Canton, Livonia, Dexter, Ferndale, Fenton, Howell, Livonia, Milford, Mount Clemens, Northville, Novi, Oak Park, Ypsilanti, and more
Our take: Assist-2-Sell presents some promising customer review scores and potential savings. However, service and commission details may vary from one location to another. We recommend verifying these details with a Livonia agent before committing.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell is a well-established brand with a strong presence across the U.S. Its decent customer review scores indicate that clients have generally had a positive experience when working with the company.
Things to watch out for: One potential downside of Assist-2-Sell is the lack of clear information regarding its services and pricing model. This can make it difficult to compare them with other brokers in the Livonia area, as the details may vary.
- Assist-2-Sell has a multi-state presence, offering its services in various locations across the country
- The company has received solid customer review scores, indicating that clients are generally satisfied with their experience
- The lack of transparency in service details from Assist-2-Sell can make it challenging to fully understand what to expect when working with them
- Pricing varies by location and isn’t explicitly disclosed, which can make it difficult to assess the cost of its services in the Livonia area
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Livonia, MI
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Livonia brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Michigan: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Michigan Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Michigan, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Michigan: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Livonia is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Livonia, MI discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Livonia region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Livonia options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.