If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Mesa, Arizona, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Mesa, Arizona, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Mesa, AZ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick for Mesa home sellers who want to reduce realtor commissions but still receive excellent service.
What we like: Clever offers significant discounts of up to 50% off the fees charged by traditional realtors. Its matching service is highly rated and completely free, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever will connect you with experienced local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You’ll have the opportunity to compare different options and select the realtor that best suits your needs. Regardless of your choice, you’ll benefit from Clever’s exclusive 1.5% listing fee (the same fee as Redfin).
- Work with an experienced realtor from a reputable brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Save up to 50% on standard rates when working with Clever
- Choose from several top real estate agents in Mesa
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to specifically work with the agent or brokerage of your choice
- Extra services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with additional fees (agents will provide a detailed breakdown during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin MesaLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers in Mesa, especially if you’re also planning to buy. However, Redfin does have a higher minimum commission fee in Mesa than other discount realtors in the area.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, allowing you to save a significant amount on commission fees. If you decide to use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, the listing fee drops even further to just 1% when selling your home.
Things to watch out for: Redfin has a $4,500 minimum commission fee in Mesa. If your home is valued below $300,000, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate. Also, Redfin’s tech-centric and team-based approach to selling may not be for everyone. Redfin conducts most of the process remotely, and you work with a Lead Agent and a back-office team.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Established brand with capable agents
- Appeals to sellers who value a technology-driven approach
- May not be the ideal choice for individuals seeking a personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Higher minimum fee in Mesa compared to other options
- Offers fewer agent choices compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in Mesa) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Trelora RealtyLearn More
Our take: Trelora Realty is a good option for sellers in Mesa, AZ, who are seeking affordable real estate services. However, if you need a more personalized selling experience, Trelora may not be the best choice.
What we like: Trelora offers one of the lowest listing fees in the market and has built a solid reputation with positive customer reviews. Its unique team-based approach assigns a team of agents to each seller, which allows for more market expertise.
Things to watch out for: While Trelora’s team-based strategy can provide additional expertise, clear and effective communication is crucial to avoid any confusion. You may not receive as much personalized support as you would working with a single dedicated agent.
- Very low 1% listing commission rate
- Numerous positive customer reviews
- Some sellers may prefer the team-based approach vs. working with a single agent
- Sellers who want a more personalized service may not like the team-based model
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Homie Real EstateLearn more
Our take: While Homie’s flat fee model could offer substantial savings, it might not cater to everyone’s real estate needs, especially if you’re selling a property valued under $333,000.
What we like: If you’re selling a high-value home, Homie’s flat fee of $5,000 could save you thousands compared to a percentage-based listing fee. Its service has highly positive reviews, showing that customers are pleased with their selling experience.
Things to watch out for: If your home’s value is less than $333,000, the flat $5,000 listing fee is a bit high and doesn’t offer as much savings as Redfin or Clever. Also, it’s unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is consistent across all Homie markets.
- Flat fee structure allows for significant savings, especially when selling high-value homes
- Positive customer reviews praise Homie’s service quality
- Flat fee structure doesn’t offer much savings for homes valued under $333,000
- Unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is consistent across all available markets
- Limited number of customer reviews
- $5,000 flat fee at closing
- 2.5–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
*It’s unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is the same across all Homie markets — sellers should conduct due diligence before signing the listing agreement.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Mesa, AZ
Assist-2-Sell is a discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company that’s been around for decades but has recently been on the decline. Local offices generally provide full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing models, but the specifics vary by branch. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell Sellers and Buyers Realty, the office listed in Assist-2-Sell’s main directory, because of limited data. We found no pricing details, transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company is still active in Mesa, AZ.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Mesa area. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Mesa list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Great Rate Realty AZ may offer a competitive flat fee of $4,995 for homes valued below $500,000 in Mesa, but the lack of substantial customer reviews or transaction history for this company raises concerns. Due to this lack of information, we didn’t include Great Rate Realty AZ in our list of recommended discount real estate brokers in Mesa, AZ.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Mesa brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Arizona: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Arizona Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Arizona, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Arizona: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Mesa is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Mesa, AZ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Mesa region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Mesa options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.