If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Murfreesboro, Tennessee, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Murfreesboro, TN
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Murfreesboro, TN, looking to save on realtor commission fees without sacrificing service quality, Clever is our top pick.
What we like: Clever offers discounts of up to 50% compared to non-discount realtors. Clever’s highly regarded and completely free matching service sets it apart, which allows you to explore your real estate agent options without any obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. This wide selection ensures you can find the perfect fit for your needs. The best part? Clever offers a 1.5% listing fee, matching the rates offered by Redfin.
- Access to realtors from name-brand brokerages, ensuring you receive top-tier service
- Discounts of up to 50% when working with Clever
- Large selection of Murfreesboro realtors, giving you plenty of options to choose from
- There’s no guarantee you’ll get to work with a specific agent or brokerage you already have in mind
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will provide a detailed breakdown during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin MurfreesboroLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Murfreesboro, TN, looking to save on realtor commissions without compromising on service, give Redfin serious consideration.
What we like: Redfin offers a low listing fee of only 1.5%. If you use Redfin for buying and selling within a year, the listing fee drops to 1% when selling your home.
Things to watch out for: Redfin takes a technology-driven approach and operates as a team. While this can result in efficient processes, sellers who prefer a personalized, one-on-one agent experience may find it less appealing. It’s also important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $4,500 in Murfreesboro. If your home sells for less than $300,000, you may pay more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Reputable brand with competent agents
- Ideal for homeowners who value a technology-driven approach
- May not be suitable for those seeking a personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Higher minimum fee of $4,500 in Murfreesboro compared to other options
- Offers fewer choices when it comes to selecting an agent compared to Clever Real Estate
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in Murfreesboro) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Felix HomesLearn More
Our take: For Murfreesboro homeowners seeking a cost-effective option for selling their property, we suggest considering Felix Homes. Its 1.5% listing fee puts it on par with other well-regarded companies like Redfin and Clever.
What we like: Felix Homes stands out for its competitive commission rate. With an average review score of 5.0 out of 136 reviews, primarily from Tennessee sellers, it’s evident that customers like the service they receive.
Things to watch out for: Felix Homes doesn’t explicitly mention showing assistance among its services, so sellers should inquire to ensure the company can meet their needs. We were also unable to find local information to verify its reputation.
- Enjoy substantial savings with a low listing fee of only 1.5% ($4,000 min.)
- Offers comprehensive service that manages the essential steps of the selling process
- Service area limited to Middle Tennessee
- May not show homes
- No specified MLS listing duration, leaving sellers uncertain about how long their property will be listed
- Limited transaction data found
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,000 min.) at closing
- 2–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Other discount real estate brokerages in Murfreesboro, TN
Assist-2-Sell is known for its MLS services, but we have reservations about its recent performance. While its local offices generally provide a range of comprehensive services and flat fee pricing options, the details may vary. Unfortunately, the lack of available data on Assist-2-Sell in Murfreesboro prevents us from fully evaluating its current market presence, leading us to leave the company off our Murfreesboro list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Murfreesboro brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Tennessee: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Tennessee Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Tennessee, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Tennessee: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Murfreesboro is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Murfreesboro, TN discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Murfreesboro region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list and ranked the top Murfreesboro options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.