If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Nashville, Tennessee, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Nashville, Tennessee, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Nashville, TN
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Nashville, TN, seeking to save on realtor commission fees without compromising on quality, Clever is a top-notch option worth considering.
What we like: Clever offers discounts of up to 50% when compared to other non-discount realtors. What sets it apart is its highly acclaimed and completely free matching service, giving you the flexibility to explore your options without any pressure or commitments.
How it works: Clever connects you with outstanding local realtors from well-established brokerages, such as RE/MAX and Compass. With a wide range of choices available, you can find the ideal realtor to meet your specific needs. The best part? Clever offers a special 1.5% listing fee, which matches the rates offered by Redfin.
- Access to realtors from reputable and widely recognized brokerages, ensuring top-tier service
- Enjoy significant discounts of up to 50% when working with Clever
- Vast selection of Nashville realtors, providing plenty of options for you to choose from
- There’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come at an extra cost (agents will provide a detailed breakdown during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin NashvilleLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Nashville, TN, who wants to save on realtor fees without compromising on service, Redfin is worth considering. However, the team-based approach might not work for those looking for a personal touch.
What we like: Redfin offers a low listing fee of just 1.5%. And if you use Redfin for buying and selling within a year, the listing fee drops even further to 1% when selling your home.
Things to watch out for: Redfin takes a technology-driven approach and operates as a team. While this can lead to streamlined processes, sellers who prefer a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience may find it less appealing. It’s also important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $4,500 in Nashville. If your home sells for less than $300,000, you may pay more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Well-known brand with capable agents
- Ideal for sellers who appreciate a technology-driven approach
- May not be the best fit for those seeking a personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Higher minimum fee of $4,500 in Nashville compared to other choices
- Offers fewer options when it comes to selecting an agent compared to Clever Real Estate
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in Nashville) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Felix HomesLearn More
Our take: For Nashville homeowners looking for an affordable option to sell their property, we recommend considering Felix Homes. Its listing fee of 1.5% is competitive with other reputable companies like Redfin and Clever.
What we like: Felix Homes distinguishes itself with its competitive commission rate. The company’s exceptional average review score of 5.0 based on 136 reviews, primarily from Tennessee sellers, makes it clear that many customers are satisfied with the service they have received.
Things to watch out for: Felix Homes doesn’t explicitly mention assistance with property showings in its services. Therefore, sellers should inquire about this aspect to ensure Felix Homes can accommodate their needs. We were also unable to find local information to verify its reputation.
- Benefit from significant savings with a low listing fee of 1.5% ($4,000 min.)
- Offers comprehensive service that manages the essential steps of the selling process
- Service area limited to Middle Tennessee
- May not assist with home showings
- Limited transaction data available
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,000 min.) at closing
- 2–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Other discount real estate brokerages in Nashville, TN
Assist-2-Sell is known for its MLS services, but we have reservations about its recent performance. While its local offices provide a range of comprehensive services and flat fee pricing options, the details may vary. Unfortunately, the lack of available data on Assist-2-Sell in Nashville prevents us from fully evaluating its current market presence, leading us to leave the company off our list.
Discount Realtor operates as a real estate referral service, connecting you with discount realtors in the Nashville area. Its agents offer discount commission rates or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. However, because we couldn’t verify the pricing details of its services or find much information on reviews or transactions for the company, we kept the company off our Nashville list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Nashville brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Tennessee: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Tennessee Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Tennessee, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Tennessee: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Tennessee is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Nashville, TN discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Nashville region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list and ranked the top Nashville options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.