If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Newark, New Jersey, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Newark, New Jersey, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Newark, NJ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a seller in Newark, NJ, looking to save on realtor commission while still receiving top-notch service, Clever is an excellent choice.
What we like: Clever offers significant discounts of up to 50% off regular realtor rates. Its matching service is highly regarded and comes with no strings attached or fees.
How it works: Clever connects sellers with experienced local realtors from reputable firms like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare and select the best realtor for your needs. Regardless of your choice, you’ll benefit from the exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin).
- Experienced realtors from reputable brokerages (not discount agents)
- 1.5% listing fee with Clever’s extensive network of realtors
- Wide selection of highly rated realtors available in Newark, NJ
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with additional costs (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin NewarkLearn More
Our take: Redfin is a solid option for individuals in Newark, NJ, who are looking to sell and buy a home. However, it’s important to note that Redfin comes with a higher minimum commission fee compared to other alternatives in Newark.
What we like: Redfin stands out with its competitive listing fees, charging only 1.5% of the sale price. And, if you use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you can benefit from an additional 0.5% reduction in the listing fee. Redfin is a reputable brand that maintains a vast network of discount realtors, which provides sellers with more options compared to other discount real estate brokers in Newark.
Things to watch out for: Redfin heavily relies on technology and follows a team-based model, which may not align with everyone’s preferences. The majority of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Sellers should be aware of Redfin’s minimum commission fee of $5,000 in Newark. This means that if your home’s value is $334,000 or less, you’ll end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Established reputation and reliable agents
- Appealing tech-driven approach for certain sellers
- May not be the ideal choice for those seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- The $5,000 minimum fee in Newark exceeds that of other alternatives
- Redfin offers a smaller selection of agents compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,000 min. in Newark) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Newark, NJ, seeking affordability, communication, and transparency, consider using Prevu. However, it may not offer the same level of local expertise as other options in the area.
What we like: Prevu stands out for its transparent pricing structure, offering a competitive 1.5% listing fee. The company has an established presence in multiple states, demonstrating its ability to provide consistent service across different locations. Its online platform allows for easy and seamless communication with your discount agent.
Things to watch out for: We found limited public reviews and transaction data for Newark, which may suggest that Prevu has less experience in this particular market. Additionally, there’s some ambiguity surrounding the minimum listing fee for Newark listings, which might require further clarification.
- Transparent pricing structure with a competitive listing fee in the Newark market
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform for easy communication with discount realtors
- Limited public reviews or transaction data specifically for Newark
- Unclear information regarding the minimum listing fee for Newark listings
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Newark, NJ
Assist-2-Sell, a discount real estate brokerage that provides MLS services, has been around for years, but there are some concerns regarding its recent performance. Unfortunately, we were unable to find data about its current market activity and pricing models. Due to the lack of information, we’ve decided to exclude Assist-2-Sell from our list of recommended discount real estate brokers in Newark.
Discount Realtor is a referral service that aims to match you with real estate agents who offer either a discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. However, we were unable to verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company. Due to this lack of information, we have chosen not to include Discount Realtor on our list of recommended options in Newark.
Home Access Realty, a subsidiary of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, offers savings with a total commission fee of 4%. However, based on the limited information available regarding its specific services, customer satisfaction, and availability, we’ve decided to leave the company off our Newark list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Newark brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Newark is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Newark, NJ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Newark region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Newark options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.