If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 17 discount real estate brokers in the Oshkosh, Wisconsin, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Oshkosh, WI
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Oshkosh, WI, seeking to save on real estate agent fees without sacrificing quality service, Clever is our top pick for you.
What we like: Clever provides substantial discounts of up to 50% from traditional real estate agents. Additionally, its matching service is highly respected and completely free of charge, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with exceptional local real estate agents from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You’ll have the opportunity to compare different options and find the best fit, all while benefiting from an exclusive 1.5% listing fee, regardless of the specific agent you choose.
- Work with an experienced agent from a reputable brokerage, rather than a discount agent
- Agents are willing to work with a 1.5% listing fee when you choose Clever
- Access to a wide selection of top-tier real estate agents in the Oshkosh area
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work directly with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may have an additional cost (agents will provide a breakdown of what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin OshkoshLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Oshkosh who wants to get the most out of selling your property, Redfin could be a good choice. However, it does have a higher minimum fee than other options in the Oshkosh area.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive listing fee of 1.5%, allowing you to save on commissions. Additionally, if you use its services for both buying and selling within a year, you’ll receive an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee.
Things to watch out for: Redfin operates with a team-based, tech-focused approach, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. The majority of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and back-office team. Also, Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $3,500 in Oshkosh. If your home’s value is $233,000 or less, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Established brand with a robust network of agents
- Team-oriented, remote approach can be beneficial for certain sellers
- May not be the best fit for those seeking a personalized agent experience
- Agent selection may be more limited compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,500 min. in Oshkosh) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Best Choice Flat FeeLearn More
Our take: If you’re an Oshkosh seller looking for a cost-effective selling solution, Best Choice Flat Fee could be a good option. However, it’s crucial to thoroughly assess agents to ensure they have the expertise you need.
What we like: Best Choice Flat Fee offers a budget-friendly flat fee structure and the flexibility of full-service pricing. This makes it a good choice for sellers who want to save on commission while still receiving the benefits of working with a full-service realtor.
Things to watch out for: Best Choice Flat Fee operates a network of independently owned discount real estate brokerages nationwide, so service quality may vary between different locations. A positive experience at one office doesn’t guarantee the same level of service at another.
- Flexible pricing options
- Multiple service tiers available, including full-service
- Additional charges for photography, yard signs, and lockboxes for some service packages
- Flat fee plans charge upfront, nonrefundable fees
- Service quality may differ across locations
- Silver Plan
- $299 upfront, nonrefundable fee
- 0% at closing
- Gold Plan
- $599 upfront, nonrefundable fee
- 0% at closing
- Platinum Plan
- No upfront fee
- 1% at closing
- You choose buyer’s agent commission at closing
- Learn more about pricing plans
*Not enough data available at this time
Redefined Realty AdvisorsLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking for Oshkosh market expertise, Redefined Realty Advisors could be a decent choice, but you may not save as much as you would using another low-commission realtor.
What we like: Redefined Realty Advisors offers a total commission rate of 3.99% at the time of closing. This rate is lower than the industry average of 6%, giving sellers the opportunity to save a substantial amount of money.
Things to watch out for: While its rates are lower than industry averages, other discount real estate brokers offer more savings, such as Clever. Also, we found no verified transaction data available for Redefined Realty Advisors in Oshkosh, which made it challenging to assess its performance.
- Lower commission fee compared to traditional agents
- Extensive coverage across multiple Wisconsin counties, including Oshkosh
- Positive customer reviews
- Lack of available data to evaluate past transactions
- Higher total commission fee than other Oshkosh discount real estate brokers
- 3.99% total commission at closing
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Oshkosh, WI
Assist-2-Sell, a well-known MLS service provider, generally offers various pricing and service options through its local offices. But there’s limited information available for the Oshkosh market. As a result, we didn’t include it in our recommendations. The lack of clear pricing details, recent transactions, and customer feedback makes it challenging to determine its current market presence and level of activity in Oshkosh.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that connects home sellers with low-commission realtors who offer either a discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. However, due to the limited information available about its services and offerings, we chose not to include it on our list of Oshkosh recommendations.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Oshkosh brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Wisconsin: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Wisconsin Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Wisconsin, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Wisconsin: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Oshkosh is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 41 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Oshkosh, WI discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 93,058 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Oshkosh region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Oshkosh options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.