If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Peoria, Illinois, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Peoria, Illinois, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Peoria, IL
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Peoria, IL, for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from many top Peoria-area realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Professional Leasing & Real Estate ServicesLearn More
Our take: Professional Leasing & Real Estate Services claims to offer discounted services, but its pricing may not present significant savings for sellers when compared to the standard industry rates, especially among other discount brokerages.
What we like: A local brokerage, Professional Leasing & Real Estate Services has a solid footprint in the Peoria area. Their full-service offering ensures a comprehensive support system for sellers throughout the selling process.
Things to watch out for: The total 4.5% listing fee is higher than what most discount brokers offer and even comparable to some traditional brokers. This could negate any potential savings for sellers. Additionally, it’s unclear how the listing and buyer’s agent commission fee are divided and what services are included in the total fee.
- Local experience and expertise
- Not as much savings compared to other discount real estate brokers
- The commission split between the listing agent and the buyer’s agent is unclear
- 4.5% total commission at closing
*Unclear how the total commission is divided into listing and buyer’s agent commission.
*Not enough data available at this time
Phone: (309) 691-0900
Address: 7227 N. University, Peoria, IL 61614
Areas served: Peoria
Other discount real estate brokerages in Peoria, IL
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our Peoria list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current local activity.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Peoria area. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Peoria list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Peoria brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Illinois: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Illinois Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Illinois, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Illinois: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Peoria is right for you.
How to negotiate realtor commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to choose the right realtor to sell your house: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Peoria, IL discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Peoria region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Peoria options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.