If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Plano, Texas we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent, but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 17 discount real estate brokers in the Plano, Texas area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Plano, TX
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Plano, TX for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from many top Plano realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Hours: 8 a.m.–8 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 6358 Delmar Blvd, Suite 300, Saint Louis, MO 63130
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers.
What we like: Redfin’s 1.5% listing fees can net you solid savings, and you can get an additional 0.5% listing fee savings if you sell and buy with Redfin within 12 months. Redfin is also a large, well-established brand with more discount realtors to choose from than many local discount real estate brokers.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s tech-centric and team-based approach to selling isn’t for everyone. Redfin conducts most of the process remotely, and you work with a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Redfin also has a minimum $4,500 fee in Plano. So if your home is at or below the $300k mark, you’ll pay slightly more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Solid listing fee savings
- Established brand and decent agent selection
- Tech-forward approach may appeal to some sellers
- Slightly higher minimum fee vs. other Plano options
- High-volume, team-centric approach may not be for everyone
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min, in Plano) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CT, 7 days a week
Address: 5830 Granite Pkwy #100-201, Plano, TX 75024
Areas served: Allen, Carrollton, The Colony, Flower Mound, Frisco, Irving, Little Elm, Lewisville, McKinney, Plano, Prosper, Rockwall, Rowlett, Wylie, and more
Your Home Free | Team NelsonLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling a house in Plano and buying your new home in the greater DFW area, Team Nelson is a discount realty company that can save you some money.
What we like: If you also buy with Team Nelson, the company will list your home for 0%, which means thousands in savings. The company also has great customer reviews and a stellar sales history.
Things to watch out for: If you’re selling but not buying, Team Nelson doesn’t offer a discount listing fee. Team Nelson is also smaller than larger companies like Clever and Redfin, so there are fewer agents to choose from.
- Best overall savings if you sell and buy
- Highly rated by customers
- Top producer in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Savings only available if you buy and sell in DFW
- Less agent selection than brands like Clever and Redfin
- 0% listing fee (if you also buy with them)
- 3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate may be a good choice for sellers who value transparent pricing and easy communication, but it could lack Texas market expertise.
What we like: Prevu’s online platform makes communicating with your agent easy, day or night. Plus, you can get up to a 2% rebate if you choose to buy using a Prevu agent.
Things to watch out for: Prevu has fewer agents in Plano than other brokerages, so you may not find an agent with the experience you’re looking for. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Plano.
- Good savings with 1.5% listing fee
- Established multi-state operation
- Online platform allows for easy communication with your discount realtor
- Fewer agent options compared to larger brands like Redfin and Clever
- Limited customer review and transaction data in the Plano market
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is
- 1.5% listing fee
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
|*We could only find reviews for Prevu based in New York markets, where the company is the most active.|
Phone: (646) 603-6868
Address: 110 E 25th St, New York, NY 10010
Areas served: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC
Other discount real estate brokerages in Plano
SimpleShowing is a discount real estate brokerage that operates in multiple states, offering a 1% listing fee (minimum $5,000). Home buyers can also save with commission rebates. We left SimpleShowing off our Plano list of discount real estate brokers because we were unable to verify any recent transactions in Texas. We also didn’t find any customer reviews specific to the Plano area. Additionally, SimpleShowing’s Texas brokerage license seems to have expired.
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We kept Assist-2-Sell off our Plano list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the Plano area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in the area.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Plano brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Texas: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Texas Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Texas, including tips on how to save on your sale.
9 Steps to Selling a Home in Texas: Are you ready to sell your home in Plano but need help understanding the process first? Read our complete guide on selling a home in Texas (with or without a realtor).
How to negotiate realtor commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to choose the right realtor to sell your house: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 22 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Plano discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 30,000+ publicly-available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, and licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Plano region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Plano options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this does not influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.