If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Racine, Wisconsin, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 17 discount real estate brokers in the Racine, Wisconsin, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Racine, WI
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: For home sellers in Racine, WI who want to save money on real estate agent fees while still receiving top-notch service, we highly recommend Clever.
What we like: Clever offers significant discounts of up to 50% from traditional realtors. Additionally, its matching service is highly regarded and completely free of charge, without any strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with exceptional local real estate agents from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare multiple options and find the perfect fit, all while benefiting from an exclusive 1.5% listing fee, regardless of the agent you select.
- Work with an experienced agent from a well-established brokerage instead of a discount agent
- Agents are willing to work with a 1.5% listing fee through Clever
- Access to a wide selection of experienced real estate agents in Racine, WI
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work directly with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come at an extra cost (agents will provide an itemized breakdown during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin RacineLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Racine, WI, looking to maximize your savings while selling your home, Redfin is worth considering. However, its minimum commission fee is a bit higher than other Racine discount real estate brokers.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive listing fee of 1.5%, allowing you to keep more money in your pocket at closing. If you use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you’ll get an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee.
Things to watch out for: Redfin takes a team-based, tech-driven approach, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. Most of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and back-office team. Also, Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $3,500 in Racine. If your home’s value is $233,000 or less, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with a large network of agents
- The team-oriented, remote approach could be advantageous for certain sellers
- May not be the ideal choice for those seeking a personalized agent experience
- Agent selection may be limited compared to Clever
- Slightly higher minimum fee in Racine than other options
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,500 min. in Racine) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Best Choice Flat FeeLearn More
Our take: Best Choice Flat Fee’s low prices make it a great opportunity to save, especially on higher-value homes, but its full-service package might not meet your needs. We recommend asking a lot of questions in the agent interview to make sure they’re able to provide the level of service you need.
What we like: Best Choice Flat Fee offers a cost-effective flat fee structure and the added flexibility of various service tiers. This combination is ideal for sellers who want to save on commission without compromising on the benefits provided by a full-service realtor.
Things to watch out for: Best Choice Flat Fee operates a network of independently owned discount real estate brokerages across the nation. As a result, the quality of service may differ between different locations. A positive experience at one office doesn’t necessarily guarantee the same level of service at another.
- Competitive flat listing fees
- Multiple service tiers available, including a full-service option
- Additional charges for photography, yard signs, and lockboxes for some packages
- Quality of service may not match that of higher-priced brokers
- Flat fee packages require upfront, nonrefundable fees
- Silver Plan
- $299 upfront, nonrefundable fee
- 0% at closing
- Gold Plan
- $599 upfront, nonrefundable fee
- 0% at closing
- Platinum Plan
- No upfront fee
- 1% at closing
- You choose buyer’s agent commission at closing
- Learn more about pricing plans
*Not enough data available at this time
Redefined Realty AdvisorsLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking for Wisconsin market expertise, Redefined Realty Advisors could be a good option, but you may not save as much as you would using another Racine discount realtor.
What we like: Redefined Realty Advisors sets itself apart by offering a total commission rate of 3.99% at the time of closing. This rate is lower than the industry average of 6%, giving sellers the opportunity to save a substantial amount of money. Also, Redefined Realty Advisors operates across multiple counties in Wisconsin, ensuring comprehensive coverage for sellers.
Things to watch out for: While its rates are lower than industry averages, other discount real estate brokers offer more savings, such as Clever. Also, we found no verified transaction data available for Redefined Realty Advisors in Racine, which made it challenging to assess its market performance.
- Lower commission rate compared to traditional real estate agents
- Extensive coverage across multiple counties in Wisconsin, including Racine
- Positive customer reviews
- Limited options for service plans
- Lack of accessible data to evaluate past transactions
- Higher total commission fee than other Racine discount real estate brokers
- 3.99% total commission at closing
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Racine, WI
Assist-2-Sell, is a reputable MLS service provider, but we didn’t include it in our Racine list due to limited information available specifically for this market. Without clear pricing details, recent transactions, and customer feedback, it is challenging to assess Assist-2-Sell’s current market presence and level of activity in the area.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Racine brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Wisconsin: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Wisconsin Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Wisconsin, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Wisconsin: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Racine is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 41 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Racine, WI discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 95,170 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Racine region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Racine options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.