If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in San Antonio, Texas, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent, but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 17 discount real estate brokers in the San Antonio, TX area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in San Antonio, TX
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in San Antonio for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from hundreds of top San Antonio-area realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Hours: 8 a.m.–8 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 6358 Delmar Blvd, Suite 300, Saint Louis, MO 63130
Redfin San AntonioLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers in San Antonio.
What we like: Redfin’s 1.5% listing fees can net you solid savings, and you can get an additional 0.5% listing fee savings if you sell and buy with Redfin within 12 months. Redfin is also a large, well-established brand with more discount realtors to choose from than many local discount real estate brokers.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s tech-centric and team-based approach to selling isn’t for everyone. Redfin conducts most of the process remotely, and you work with a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Redfin also has a minimum $3,500 fee in San Antonio. So if your home is below $233,000, you’ll pay slightly more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Solid listing fee savings
- Established brand and decent agent selection
- Tech-forward approach may appeal to some sellers
- Slightly higher minimum fee vs. other San Antonio options
- High-volume, team-centric approach may not be for everyone
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,500 min) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
Not enough data available at this time.
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CT, 7 days a week
Address: 300 E Sonterra Blvd Suite 1275, San Antonio, TX 78258
Areas served: Boerne, Bulverde, Canyon Lake, Cibolo, Helotes, Kerrville, Kyle, New Braunfels, San Marcos, Schertz, Seguin, Wimberley, and more
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate may be a good choice for sellers who value transparent pricing and easy communication, but it could lack Texas market expertise.
What we like: Prevu’s online platform makes communicating with your agent easy, day or night. Plus, you can get up to a 2% rebate if you choose to buy using a Prevu agent.
Things to watch out for: Prevu has a small presence in San Antonio, so you may not find agents with extensive local experience. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for San Antonio.
- Transparent pricing model and good listing fee savings
- Established multi-state operation
- Online platform allows for easy communication with your discount realtor
- No public reviews or transaction data found specific to San Antonio
- Potential lack of market expertise
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is
- 1.5% listing fee
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
|*We could only find reviews for Prevu based in New York markets, where the company is the most active.|
Phone: (646) 603-6868
Address: 110 E 25th St, New York, NY 10010
Areas served: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC
Hill Country Flat Fee RealtyLearn More
Our take: Hill Country Flat Fee Realty provides you with a full-service broker for a listing commission lower than many other discount real estate brokerages.
What we like: The company has a listing fee structure that effectively equals a 1.25% listing commission or lower, depending upon your home price.
Things to watch out for: Your effective commission may vary as much as 0.3%, depending upon where your home price falls in the fee structure range.
- Competitive rates with flexible flat fee options
- Transparent pricing model
- Limited agent selection, since it only operates in the Texas Hill Country region
- There’s a limited number of reviews available, making it difficult to verify the service quality
- Flat fees are based on home sale price and due at closing
- Under $250,000: $2,995
- $401,000-$600,000: $4,500
- $601,000-$800,000: $7,500
- $801,000-$1,000,000: $9,500
- Over $1,000,000: 1% of sales price
- 3% buyer’s agent commission recommended
*Not enough data available at this time
Address: 933 N. Main Street, Boerne, TX 78006
Areas served: Austin, Boerne, Bulverde, Dripping Springs, Fair Oaks Ranch, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Spring Branch
Other discount real estate brokerages in San Antonio, TX
Texas Discount Realty is a real estate referral service that matches you with a realtor in the San Antonio area. These agents offer either low commission or flat fee listings. We left Texas Discount Realty off our San Antonio list because we couldn’t find details on pricing or recent transactions. Reviews for the company are also difficult to find.
ListingSpark is a flat fee discount brokerage offering two service tiers, including a Premium Plan with an “agent on demand.” While the pricing is competitive ($250–500 upfront, $1,499–2,999 total at closing) we left ListingSpark off our San Antonio list because having an agent on demand isn’t the same as hiring a committed, full-service discount broker.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS San Antonio brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Texas: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Texas Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Texas, including tips on how to save on your sale.
9 Steps to Selling a Home in Texas: Are you ready to sell your home in San Antonio, but need help understanding the process first? Read our complete guide on selling a home in Texas (with or without a realtor).
How to negotiate realtor commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to choose the right realtor to sell your house: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 31 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of San Antonio discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 30,000+ publicly-available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, and licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater San Antonio region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top San Antonio options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this does not influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.