If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in South Bend, Indiana, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the South Bend, Indiana, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in South Bend, IN
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking to sell in South Bend, IN, and want to save on realtor fees without sacrificing service, Clever is our top pick for you.
What we like: Clever offers great discounts of up to 50% off standard realtor rates. Its matching service is highly regarded and completely free, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated, local realtors from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare options and find the best fit, all while benefiting from the exclusive 1.5% listing fee, no matter which realtor you ultimately choose.
- Work with a respected agent from a well-known brokerage, rather than a discounted agent
- Agents are willing to work at a 1.5% listing fee when you select Clever
- Access a wide selection of top realtors in the South Bend area
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Extra services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may incur additional costs (agents will provide a breakdown of what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Complete Real Estate SolutionsLearn More
Our take: For sellers in South Bend, IN, Complete Real Estate Solutions offers two comprehensive plans that may be worth considering. However, it doesn’t offer as much savings as other discount real estate brokers in South Bend.
What we like: Plan 1 presents an opportunity for significant savings with a 4% total commission at closing if you intend to purchase a new home within 60 or 90 days. If you don’t plan to buy, Plan 2 provides full-service representation for a 5% commission, still offering some savings compared to traditional rates.
Things to watch out for: It is unclear whether Complete Real Estate Solutions operates statewide in Indiana or only in specific markets. The duration of the MLS listing period is also uncertain. Additionally, we didn’t find any verified transactions during our research, making it challenging to evaluate the company’s track record.
- Potential for substantial savings compared to traditional real estate commission rates
- Comprehensive representation throughout the entire selling process
- To qualify for the discounted commission, Plan 1 requires using Complete Real Estate Solutions as the buyer agent when purchasing a new home within 60 or 90 days
- Limited availability of customer reviews makes it difficult to assess service quality and customer satisfaction
- Plan 1
- 4% total commission at closing (requires sellers to buy a home with the brokerage within 60 or 90 days)
- Plan 2
- 5% total commission at closing (doesn’t require a home purchase)
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission.
*Not enough data available at this time
Our take: Assist-2-Sell presents some promising customer review scores and potential savings. However, service and commission details may vary from one location to another. We recommend verifying these details with a local South Bend agent before committing.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell is a nationwide brand with a decent customer review score, indicating that clients have had a generally positive experience with the company.
Things to watch out for: The company doesn’t provide clear information on its services or pricing model, making it hard to compare with other brokers in South Bend.
- Multi-state presence
- Solid customer review scores, showing overall client satisfaction
- Lack of transparency in service details
- Pricing varies by location and isn’t explicitly disclosed
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in South Bend
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS South Bend brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Indiana: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Indiana Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Indiana, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Indiana: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in South Bend is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of South Bend, IN discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater South Bend region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top South Bend options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.