If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Springfield, Massachusetts, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Springfield, Massachusetts, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Springfield, MA
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Springfield, MA, for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from traditional, full-service realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Work with a reputable agent from a well-established brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents are willing to work for a 1.5% listing fee when you choose Clever
- Access to a large selection of top real estate agents in Springfield
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your preference
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come at an additional cost (agents will provide a detailed breakdown during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate is a multi-state discount real estate brokerage that offers full service for a competitive 1.5% listing fee (minimums may apply). However, Prevu’s real value is geared toward home buyers, with up to a 2% commission rebate when you purchase a home.
What we like: The 1.5% listing fee can lead to decent savings for home sellers. Plus, its online platform makes communicating with your agent easy, and reviews are largely positive.
Things to watch out for: There’s limited data about the company’s transaction history in Springfield, making it challenging to gauge its local performance compared to local competitors. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Springfield listings.
- Good listing fee savings
- Established presence in multiple states
- Prevu’s online platform ensures effortless communication with your discount agent
- No transaction data found for the Springfield
- Unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Springfield properties
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Simply Sell RealtyLearn more
Our take: Simply Sell Realty provides a full-service selling experience at a reduced rate, but its overall commission fee is slightly higher compared to other discount real estate brokers in Springfield.
What we like: Simply Sell Realty has local knowledge of the Springfield market, and customers have given it great reviews online.
Things to watch out for: While most full-service discount real estate brokers don’t charge an upfront fee, Simply Sell Realty does. Also, its 3.5% total commission pricing model is a bit more expensive than other discount real estate services in the Springfield area.
- 3.5% total commission fee provides decent savings
- Great customer reviews
- Understanding of the Springfield market
- Nonrefundable, upfront fee
- Not as much savings as other discount realtors
- 3.5% total commission at closing
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission.
Landfall PropertiesLearn More
Our take: If you’re a Springfield home seller looking to save money on your real estate sale, Landfall Properties is definitely worth considering. However, it may not provide the level of full service that most sellers need.
What we like: Landfall Property’s modest 1% listing fee can result in significant savings. And, if the buyer isn’t represented, you only pay 2% total in realtor commissions. Landfall Property has a proven track record of successful sales in Massachusetts, which demonstrates its expertise in the local market.
Things to watch out for: While Landfall Properties offers a low listing fee, certain aspects of the selling process, such as professional property photography, aren’t included.
- Low 1% listing fee
- Experienced broker with a strong presence in the Massachusetts market
- Professional property photography isn’t included in the full-service package
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 1% buyer’s agent commission (if buyer is unrepresented)
Other discount real estate brokerages in Springfield, MA
Assist-2-Sell performance in the past has been generally positive. However, we have some reservations about its recent track record. We have found limited information regarding its activity in the market, which makes it difficult to evaluate its performance accurately.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Springfield area. Its real estate agents offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Springfield list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Springfield brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Massachusetts: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Massachusetts Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Massachusetts, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Massachusetts: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Springfield is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Springfield, MA, discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Springfield region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Springfield options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.