If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Springfield, Missouri, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Springfield, Missouri, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Springfield, MO
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Springfield, MO, seeking to sell your property and reduce realtor fees without compromising on service, Clever is our top pick.
What we like: Clever offers significant discounts of up to 50% from traditional realtors. Plus, its matching service is highly rated by sellers and is completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with highly-rated, local realtors from reputable brokerages, such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare your options and discover the ideal fit while benefiting from a low 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of which realtor you decide to work with.
- Work with a vetted agent from a reputable brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents are willing to work at a 1.5% listing fee when you choose Clever
- Access to a wide range of top Springfield realtors
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with extra costs (agents will explain what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale by Hero RealtyLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling a home in Missouri and want to lower your realtor commission without sacrificing service, Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale is a solid option. However, we had difficulty finding transaction data for this broker to confirm its market success in Springfield, MO.
What we like: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale presents a comprehensive representation package at either flat rates or percentage-based rates, depending on the value of your home. This brokerage maintains a high level of customer satisfaction, as evidenced by its positive reviews.
Things to watch out for: We were unable to locate any verified transactions specific to Springfield, which made it difficult to gauge its performance in the market.
- A flexible pricing structure that accommodates a wide range of home values
- Comprehensive representation provided, regardless of the chosen plan
- Predominantly positive customer reviews outweigh any negative feedback
- Limited availability of transaction data for Missouri
- Higher listing fee for homes valued over $1,000,000
- $3,549 at closing for homes under $500,999
- 1% at closing for homes between $501,000 and $1,000,000
- 2% at closing for homes over $1,000,001
Other discount real estate brokerages in Springfield, MO
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our Springfield list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in Springfield, MO.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Springfield area. These real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Springfield list because we couldn’t verify concrete pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Springfield brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Missouri: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Missouri: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Springfield is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Springfield, MO discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Springfield region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Springfield options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.