If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in St. Charles, Missouri, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the St. Charles, Missouri, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in St. Charles, MO
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in St. Charles, MO, looking to sell your home and save on realtor fees without sacrificing quality service, we highly recommend Clever Real Estate.
What we like: Clever offers impressive savings of up to 50% from traditional, full-service realtors. Plus, its matching service is highly rated and completely free, with no obligations attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with highly-rated, local realtors from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the flexibility to compare your options and find the ideal fit for your needs, all while enjoying the low 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of the realtor you choose to work with.
- Work with a vetted agent from a reputable brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Realtors are willing to work for a 1.5% listing fee through Clever
- Access to a wide selection of experienced St. Charles realtors
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may incur extra costs (agents will provide details during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin St. CharlesLearn More
Our take: For home sellers in St. Charles, MO, in search of a discount real estate brokerage, Redfin is a solid option. However, it does have a higher minimum commission fee compared to other discount realtors in St. Charles.
What we like: Redfin offers a low 1.5% listing fee, allowing for substantial seller savings. If you purchase and sell properties within one year with Redfin, you receive an extra 0.5% markdown on your listing fee. Redfin has built a reputation of trust and reliability, offering an array of discount real estate agents to cater to diverse needs.
Things to watch out for: Redfin uses a tech-centered, team-based approach, which may not appeal to all sellers. Most transactions are conducted remotely with a Lead Agent supported by an in-house team. Some individuals may favor a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience. Redfin also has a minimum commission fee of $3,500 in St. Charles. This means if your home sells for less than $233,000, you’ll pay more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Considerable savings on listing fees
- Well-known brand offering a wide selection of agents
- Remote, team-based approach can be beneficial for specific sellers
- Higher minimum commission fee compared to other alternatives in St. Charles
- Limited agent options (compared to Clever)
- Some sellers may prefer a more personalized experience than Redfin offers
- 1.5% listing fee ($3.500 min. in St. Charles) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CST, 7 days a week
Address: 231 S Bemiston Ave, Suite 800, St. Louis, MO 63105
Areas served: Affton, Ballwin, Belleville, Chesterfield, Clayton, Concord, Creve Coeur, Fenton, Florissant, Ladue, Kirkwood, Maplewood, O’Fallon, St. Charles, St. Louis, St. Peters, University City, Webster Groves, Wildwood, and more
Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale by Hero RealtyLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling a home in St. Charles, Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale is a solid option to save on realtor commissions. However, we had difficulty finding transaction data for this broker to confirm its market success in St. Charles, MO.
What we like: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale delivers a complete real estate package, offering flat fees or percentage-based fees. These are tailored to your home’s value, hence the flexible approach. This broker has mostly positive reviews and a solid track record.
Things to watch out for: We were unable to find specific verified transactions in St. Charles, which made it difficult to verify its local market performance.
- Fee structure is flexible and can accommodate properties of varying price ranges
- Comprehensive service package, regardless of the rate plan you select
- Positive feedback from customers validates the quality of its services
- Limited transaction data found for St. Charles
- Listing fee is a bit high for homes over $1,000,000
- $3,549 at closing for homes under $500,999
- 1% at closing for homes between $501,000 and $1,000,000
- 2% at closing for homes over $1,000,001
Other discount real estate brokerages in St. Charles, MO
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our St. Charles list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in St. Charles, MO.
Discount Realtor connects you with budget-friendly real estate professionals in the greater St. Louis area who provide flat fee listings or discounted commissions. However, due to insufficient pricing specifics and an absence of identifiable company reviews or transactions, we haven’t included Discount Realtor in our St. Charles list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS St. Charles brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Missouri: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Missouri: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in St. Charles is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of St. Charles, MO discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater St. Charles region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top St. Charles options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.