If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in St. Joseph, Missouri, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the St. Joseph, Missouri, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in St. Joseph, MO
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in St. Joseph, MO, who wants to sell your home and save on realtor fees without compromising on service, we highly recommend Clever Real Estate.
What we like: Cleveroffers impressive savings of up to 50% from traditional realtors. Additionally, its matching service is highly regarded and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever Real Estate connects you with top-rated, local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare your options and find the perfect fit, all while benefiting from the low 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of which realtor you choose to work with.
- Collaborate with a reputable agent from a well-known brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Realtors are willing to work for a 1.5% listing fee through Clever
- Access to a wide selection of top St. Joseph realtors
- There’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with additional costs (agents will provide details during their listing presentation).
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin St. JosephLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers in St. Joseph, MO.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, which can result in significant savings. If you decide to both buy and sell through Redfin within a year, there’s an opportunity for an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a well-known and trusted brand that offers a diverse selection of discount realtors to choose from.
Things to watch out for: Redfin uses a technology-driven and team-based approach, which may not align with everyone’s preferences. While most of the process is handled remotely, with a Lead Agent supported by a back-office team, some sellers may prefer a more personalized experience.
- Generous savings on listing fees
- A well-established brand with a strong roster of agents
- Remote, team-based approach may be advantageous for certain sellers
- Remote approach may not appeal to sellers seeking a personalized experience
- Limited agent selection (compared to Clever)
- 1.5% listing fee ($2,000 min. in St. Joseph) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CST, 7 days a week
Address: 800 E 101st Terrace, Suite 350, Kansas City, MO 64131
Areas served: Brookside, Fairway, Kansas City, Leawood, Lenexa, Liberty, Mission, Olathe, Overland Park, Parkville, Prairie Village, Roeland Park, Shawnee, and more
Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale by Hero RealtyLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking to reduce the costs associated with traditional real estate commissions in St. Joseph, Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale is a good option to consider. It offers three pricing tiers, providing flexibility for sellers with different home values.
What we like: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale provides a comprehensive service package at either flat rates or percentage-based rates, depending on the value of your home. This brokerage has maintained a high level of customer satisfaction, with predominantly positive reviews.
Things to watch out for: We were unable to find specific verified transactions related to St. Joseph, which may indicate that this broker is less experienced in this market.
- Flexible pricing structure that accommodates a wide range of home values
- Comprehensive representation provided, regardless of the chosen pricing plan
- Majority of customer reviews are positive, indicating satisfaction with the services
- No transaction data found for St. Joseph
- Higher listing fee for homes priced over $1,000,000
- $3,549 at closing for homes under $500,999
- 1% at closing for homes between $501,000 and $1,000,000
- 2% at closing for homes over $1,000,001
Other discount real estate brokerages in St. Joseph, MO
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our St. Joseph list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in St. Joseph, MO.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS St. Joseph brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Missouri: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Missouri: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in St. Joseph is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of St. Joseph, MO discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater St. Joseph region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top St. Joseph options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.