If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in St. Peters, Missouri, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the St. Peters, Missouri, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in St. Peters, MO
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick for sellers in St. Peters, MO, wanting to reduce realtor fees without sacrificing service quality,
What we like: Clever presents substantial savings up to 50% from traditional, full-service realtors. Plus, its highly rated agent matching service is entirely free to use without any obligations.
How it works: Clever introduces you to vetted, local brokers from established firms such as RE/MAX and Compass. You can browse your options and identify the perfect match while receiving a competitive 1.5% listing fee (identical to Redfin), no matter which agent you choose.
- Partner with a professional agent from a well-known brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents agree to work for a reduced 1.5% fee when you go through Clever
- Great selection of experienced St. Peters brokers
- No assurance you’ll get to work with your chosen agent or brokerage you already have in mind
- Extra services such as professional staging, drone imagery, and 3D tours could incur additional charges (clearly detailed by agents during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin St. PetersLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers in St. Peters, MO, but its minimum commission fee is higher than other options in the area.
What we like: Redfin offers a low 1.5% listing fee, which provide significant savings for sellers. Plus, if you decide to both buy and sell property within a year through Redfin, you receive an additional 0.5% deduction on your listing fee. Over the years, Redfin has upheld good reputation and offers a wide range of discount real estate agents to suit different seller needs.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s operates using a tech-focused, team-based approach, which may not align with everyone’s preferences. Since most interactions are facilitated virtually with a Lead Agent supported by a back-office team, sellers looking for a personalized agent experience might find this less appealing. Also, Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $3,500 in St. Peters. If your home sells for less than $233,000, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% fee.
- Potential for significant savings on listing fees
- Reputable brand with a diverse offering of agents
- The remote, team-based method could be an advantage for certain sellers
- Minimum commission fee is slightly higher compared to other discount realtors in St. Peters
- Fewer agents to choose from (compared to Clever)
- Tech-focused approach may not appeal to certain sellers
- 1.5% listing fee ($3.500 min. in St. Peters) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CST, 7 days a week
Address: 231 S Bemiston Ave, Suite 800 Clayton, St. Louis, MO 63105
Areas served: Affton, Ballwin, Belleville, Chesterfield, Clayton, Concord, Creve Coeur, Fenton, Florissant, Ladue, Kirkwood, Maplewood, O’Fallon, St. Charles, St. Louis, St. Peters, University City, Webster Groves, Wildwood, and more
Missouri Flat Fee Home SaleLearn More
Our take: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale provides an outstanding option for homeowners in Missouri interested in reducing traditional sellers’ realtor fees. Its three-tier pricing model gives sellers a range of options suitable for varied home values.
What we like: Missouri Flat Fee Home Sale stands out by offering a comprehensive real estate package at flat fee or percentage-based rates, which adjust according to your home’s worth. This offers a flexible options for sellers, which has generated positive customer reviews.
Things to watch out for: We were unable to identify specific verified transactions within Missouri, which made it difficult to verity its performance in St. Peters.
- The fee structure is flexible and can accommodate properties of varying price ranges
- Offers a comprehensive service package, regardless of the rate plan you select
- Positive feedback from customers validates the quality of its services
- Availability of transaction data for Missouri is limited
- Higher listing fee for homes valued over $1,000,000
- $3,549 at closing for homes under $500,999
- 1% at closing for homes between $501,000 and $1,000,000
- 2% at closing for homes over $1,000,001
Other discount real estate brokerages in St. Peters, MO
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our St. Peters list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in St. Peters, MO.
Discount Realtor connects you with cost-effective real estate experts in St. Peters who offer fixed-rate listings or reduced commissions. Yet, due to a lack of detailed pricing information, transaction data, and reviews, Discount Realtor didn’t make it into our main list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS St. Peters brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Missouri: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Missouri: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in St. Peters is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of St. Peters, MO discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater St. Peters region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top St. Peters options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.