If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Suffolk, Virginia, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Suffolk, Virginia, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Suffolk, VA
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Suffolk, VA, for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing quality service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus, Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from several highly rated Suffolk realtors
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with an extra cost (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Our take: Operating under eXp Realty, CapCenter is a low-cost option for individuals looking to both buy and sell in Suffolk.
What we like: If you’re buying and selling a house in Virginia, CapCenter may offer the most cost-efficient service option. Even if you’re not planning to buy with CapCenter, you receive a low 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.), comparable to Clever and Redfin. According to several reviews, CapCenter offers high-quality service that satisfies most of its customers.
Things to watch out for: As a smaller company, CapCenter doesn’t have as much agent selection compared to national brands like Clever. Be sure to interview your agent to make sure they have the experience you need.
- Significant savings if you both buy and sell with CapCenter
- Excellent review score from a substantial number of customers
- Competitive pricing even if you’re not buying a house
- Maximum savings only if you buy and sell with CapCenter
- Less agent selection compared to larger discount brands
- 1% listing fee ($2,000 min.) if you sell and buy
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) if you’re only selling
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin SuffolkLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling and buying a home in Suffolk, Redfin is a solid option to consider. But Redfin has a higher minimum commission fee compared to other choices in Suffolk.
What we like: Redfin stands out with its competitive listing fees, charging only 1.5% of the sale price. If you use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you can save an additional 0.5% on the listing fee. Redfin is a reputable brand with a larger network of discount agents than other discount real estate brokers in Suffolk.
Things to watch out for: Redfin relies on technology and operates using a team-oriented model, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. Most of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Sellers should also be aware that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $5,500 in Suffolk. So, if your home’s value is less than $367,000, you’ll pay more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Good reputation and reliable agents
- Technology-driven approach appeals to some sellers
- May not be the ideal choice for those seeking a more hands-on, personalized agent experience
- $5,500 minimum fee is higher than other alternatives in Suffolk
- Redfin has fewer agents to choose from than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,500 min. in Suffolk) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate may be a good choice for sellers who value easy communication, but it could lack experience selling in Suffolk, VA.
What we like: Prevu’s 1.5% listing fee allows for substantial savings for sellers. Plus, its online platform makes communicating with your agent easy, and reviews are generally positive.
Things to watch out for: There’s limited available information on reviews and transaction data for the Suffolk area, which may suggest Prevu is less active in this market. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for listings in Suffolk.
- Competitive listing fee in Suffolk
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform for easy communication with your discount agent
- Limited public reviews and transaction data for Suffolk
- The minimum listing fee for Suffolk listings isn’t available
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Suffolk, VA
Assist-2-Sell is a discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company that’s been around for decades but has recently been on the decline. Local offices generally provide full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing models, but the specifics vary by branch. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell Sellers and Buyers Realty, the office listed in Assist-2-Sell’s main directory, because of limited data. We found no pricing details, transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company is still active in Suffolk.
Best Choice Flat Fee offers a low $999 listing fee for its full-service package, but we didn’t include it on our Suffolk list due to unclear service details. We couldn’t find any online customer reviews, which raises questions about its quality of service. With no transactions found in Suffolk in the past six months, potential clients might find their needs better served with another brokerage.
Hampton Roads Group offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, but it didn’t make our main list of Suffolk discount real estate brokers. Many service details are unclear, requiring potential clients to call for detailed information. This company has a small online presence with just one public review on record, and there’s also a lack of recent transactions in the state.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Suffolk brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Virginia: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Virginia Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Virginia, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Virginia: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Suffolk is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Suffolk, VA discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Suffolk region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Suffolk options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.