If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Surprise, Arizona, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Surprise, Arizona, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Surprise, AZ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Surprise, AZ, who wants to save thousands on realtor commission without sacrificing quality service, Clever is an excellent option to consider.
What we like: Clever offers substantial discounts of up to 50% off the rates charged by non-discount realtors. Its matching service is highly rated and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with exceptional local realtors from established brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare your options and select the best fit for your requirements, all while benefiting from their exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of the realtor you select.
- Word with an experienced agent from a reputable brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Save up to 50% on standard rates when working with Clever
- Wide range of top Surprise realtors to choose from
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your preference
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may have additional costs (agents will provide a breakdown of the inclusions during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin SurpriseLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Surprise, AZ, looking to save on closing costs, Redfin is a good option. However, Redfin does have a higher minimum commission fee in Surprise compared to alternatives in the area.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, allowing you to save a substantial amount on commission fees. If you choose to use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, the listing fee drops to just 1% when selling your home.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s team-based, online approach may not be ideal for those who prefer a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience. The majority of the process is conducted remotely, and you work with a Lead Agent supported by a back-office team. Redfin also has a $4,500 minimum commission fee in Surprise. If your home is valued below $300,000, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with experienced agents
- Appeals to sellers who appreciate a technology-driven approach
- Not ideal for individuals seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Higher minimum fee in Surprise compared to other options
- Fewer agent choices than Clever offers
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in Surprise) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Trelora RealtyLearn More
Our take: Trelora Realty is a good option for sellers in Surprise AZ, especially when you consider the 1% listing fee. However, if you want a personalized selling experience, Trelora may not be the ideal choice.
What we like: Trelora offers significantly reduced commission rates compared to traditional realtors. It has a strong track record of satisfied customers, and its team-based approach ensures each seller receives a wide range of expertise and service.
Things to watch out for: Instead of assigning a single agent to each seller, Trelora assigns a team of agents to each seller. While this approach can be beneficial, it’s important to effectively manage communication and expectations to prevent confusion or potentially receiving less personalized experience.
- Very low 1% commission rate
- Great customer reviews
- Some sellers may prefer the team-based approach instead of working with a single agent
- Team-based approach may not be best for sellers who want a personalized selling experience
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Homie Real EstateLearn more
Our take: While Homie’s flat fee model could offer substantial savings, it might not cater to everyone’s real estate needs, especially if you’re selling a lower-priced property.
What we like: If you’re selling a high-value home, Homie’s flat fee of $5,000 could save you thousands compared to traditional realtor commission rates. Its service has highly positive reviews, showing that customers are pleased with Homie’s selling experience.
Things to watch out for: If your home’s value is less than $333,000, the flat $5,000 listing fee is a bit high and doesn’t offer as much savings as Redfin or Clever. Also, it’s unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is consistent across all Homie markets.
- Flat fee structure allows for significant savings, especially when selling high-value homes
- Positive customer reviews praise Homie’s service quality
- Flat fee structure doesn’t offer much savings for homes valued under $333,000
- Unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is consistent across all available markets
- Limited number of customer reviews
- $5,000 flat fee at closing
- 2.5–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
*It’s unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is the same across all Homie markets — sellers should conduct due diligence before signing the listing agreement.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Surprise, AZ
Assist-2-Sell has enjoyed a solid reputation for its MLS services in the past, but we couldn’t find up-to-date data, which made it difficult for us to accurately assess its current activity in Surprise, AZ. Due to vague pricing details and lack of transaction data, we decided to leave it off our Surprise list.
Great Rate Realty AZ offers a competitive flat fee of $4,995 for homes valued below $500,000, but couldn’t find public customer reviews or transaction history for this company. Unable to verify its service quality and credibility in the market, we left Great Rate Realty AZ off our Surprise list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Surprise brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Arizona: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Arizona Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Arizona, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Arizona: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Surprise is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Surprise, AZ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Surprise region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Surprise options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.