If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Tampa, Florida, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 29 discount real estate brokers in the Tampa, Florida area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Tampa, FL
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Tampa, FL, for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from hundreds of top DFW-area realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 minimum) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Hours: 8 a.m.–8 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 6358 Delmar Blvd, Suite 300, Saint Louis, MO 63130
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers a decent value overall for most home sellers in Tampa, FL.
What we like: Redfin’s 1.5% listing fees can net you solid savings, and you can get an additional 0.5% listing fee savings if you sell and buy with Redfin within 12 months. Redfin is also a large, well-established brand with more discount realtors to choose from than many local discount real estate brokers.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s tech-centric and team-based approach to selling isn’t for everyone. Redfin conducts most of the process remotely, and you work with a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Redfin also has a minimum $4,500 fee in Tampa. So if your home is below $300,000, you’ll pay slightly more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Solid listing fee savings
- Established brand and decent agent selection
- Tech-forward approach may appeal to some sellers
- Slightly higher minimum fee vs. other Tampa options
- High-volume, team-centric approach may not be for everyone
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. CT, 7 days a week
Address: 600 N Westshore Blvd, Suite 800, Tampa, FL 33609
Areas served: Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Clearwater, Hyde Park, New Tampa, Riverview, Seminole Heights, St. Petersburg, Sun City Center, Tampa, Wesley Chapel, and more
Flat Fee Florida RealtyLearn More
Our take: Best Choice Flat Fee’s low prices make it a great opportunity to save, especially on higher-value homes, but its full-service packages might not meet your needs. We recommend asking a lot of questions in the agent interview to make sure they’re able to provide the level of service you need.
What we like: The company’s low flat fees and choice of two full-service pricing tiers make it ideal for sellers looking to save on commission without sacrificing a full-service realtor.
Things to watch out for: Best Choice Flat Fee is a nationwide network of individually owned discount real estate brokerages. Service can vary, and good reviews for one location don’t necessarily mean great service at another.
- Transparent flat fee offers big savings for pricier homes
- Excellent customer reviews
- 3D virtual tour and drone photography included at no charge
- Could be more expensive for less valuable homes
- Limited transaction data makes it hard to evaluate their experience
- $3,495 flat fee at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Phone: (786) 295-1410
Address: 1801 NE 123rd St, STE 314, North Miami, FL 33181
Areas served: Florida
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate is a multi-state discount real estate brokerage that offers full service for a competitive 1.5% listing fee (minimums may apply). However, Prevu’s real value is geared toward home buyers, with up to a 2% commission rebate when you purchase a home.
What we like: The 1.5% listing fee can lead to decent savings for home sellers. Plus, its online platform makes communicating with your agent easy, and reviews are largely positive.
Things to watch out for: There’s limited data about the company’s transaction history in Florida, making it challenging to gauge its local performance compared to local competitors. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Tampa.
- Good listing fee savings
- Established multi-state operation
- Online platform allows for easy communication with your discount realtor
- Limited data about the company’s performance in Florida
- Less agent selection than Redfin and Clever
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is
- 1.5% listing fee
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Phone: (646) 603-6868
Address: 110 E 25th St, New York, NY 10010
Areas served: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC
Other discount real estate brokerages in Tampa, FL
Homelis Realty is a full-service discount real estate broker that operates in the Tampa, Florida, area. Its basic package starts at a total commission of 4.5%, which includes listing and buyer’s agent commission. Higher service tier packages are available for 5% and 6% total commission. Since its total commission rate is higher than local competitors and we couldn’t find any local transaction data, we did not include Homelis Realty in our Tampa list.
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell on our Tampa list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in the area.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the Tampa area. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Tampa list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Tampa brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Florida: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Florida Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Florida, including tips on how to save on your sale.
9 Steps to Selling a Home in Florida: Are you ready to sell your home in Tampa but need help understanding the process first? Read our complete guide on selling a home in Florida (with or without a realtor).
How to negotiate realtor commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to choose the right realtor to sell your house: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 64 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Tampa, FL discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 231,947 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Tampa region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Tampa options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.