If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Tempe, Arizona, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Tempe, Arizona, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Tempe, AZ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top choice for cost-conscious sellers in Tempe who want to save on realtor fees without comprising quality service.
What we like: Clever provides substantial discounts of up to 50% off the rates of traditional realtors. Its matching service is highly rated by sellers and is completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-tier, local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare your choices to find the best match while benefiting from the exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of which realtor you choose.
- Work with an experienced agent from a reputable brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for a 1.5% listing fee when you work with Clever
- Large selection of agents to choose from in Tempe, AZ
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may involve extra costs (agents will provide a breakdown of what is included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin TempeLearn More
Our take: Redfin offers solid savings for sellers in Tempe, AZ, but its minimum commission fee is a bit higher than other brokerages in the area.
What we like: Redfin offers a low 1.5% listing fee, allowing you to save a significant amount on agent commissions. If you also use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you’ll only pay a 1% listing fee when selling your home. Plus, Redfin is an established brand with many discount realtors to choose from.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s approach relies heavily on technology, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. Most of the process is conducted remotely, with a Lead Agent supported by a back-office team. Also, Redfin has a $4,500 minimum commission fee in Tempe. If your home is valued at less than $300,000, you might end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Established brand with experienced agents
- Appeals to sellers who prefer a technology-driven approach
- Not ideal for sellers seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- Higher minimum fee in Tempe compared to other alternatives
- Offers fewer agent options vs. Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in Tempe) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Trelora RealtyLearn More
Our take: Trelora Realty’s 1% listing fee is one of the lowest in the market, but if you value a more personalized experience, its services may not be the best fit for you.
What we like: Trelora has a positive review score which praises its low listing fee and service quality. Plus, its team-based approach gives each seller access to a wide range of expertise and services.
Things to watch out for: Instead of working with a single agent, Trelora assigns a team of agents to each seller. While this can provide additional market expertise, it’s important to manage communication and expectations effectively to avoid confusion or a less personalized experience.
- Substantial savings with a low 1% commission rate
- Highly recommended by past customers
- Some sellers may prefer the team-based approach over working with a single agent
- Potential for less personalized service due to the team-based model
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Homie Real EstateLearn more
Our take: If you’re looking for a discount real estate broker to sell your home, Homie is worth considering, but it may not be the best option if you’re selling a lower-priced property.
What we like: Homie stands out with its fixed listing fee of $5,000, which is particularly beneficial for homeowners with higher-value properties.
Things to watch out for: If your home is valued at less than $333,000, the flat $5,000 listing fee is a bit high and doesn’t offer as much savings as Redfin or Clever. Also, it’s unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is the same across all markets.
- Flat fee structure allows for significant savings, especially when selling high-value homes
- Positive customer reviews
- Flat fee structure doesn’t offer much savings for homes valued under $333,000
- Unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is consistent across all available markets
- Limited number of customer reviews
- $5,000 flat fee at closing
- 2.5–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
*It’s unclear if the $5,000 flat fee is the same across all Homie markets — sellers should conduct due diligence before signing the listing agreement.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Tempe, AZ
Assist-2-Sell has established a reputation for its MLS services in the past; however, we have some concerns regarding its recent performance. We couldn’t find any up-to-date data on Assist-2-Sell in Tempe, making it challenging to assess its current activity and success in the market.
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in the greater Phoenix area. These real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Tempe list because we couldn’t verify concrete pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
Great Rate Realty AZ offers a competitive flat fee of $4,995 for homes under $500,000, but we weren’t able to find substantial customer reviews or transaction history for the company. For this reason, we didn’t include Great Rate Realty AZ on our list of recommended discount real estate brokers in Tempe, AZ.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Tempe brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Arizona: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Arizona Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Arizona, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Arizona: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Tempe is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Tempe, AZ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Tempe region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Tempe options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.