If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Trenton, New Jersey, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Trenton, New Jersey, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Trenton, NJ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Trenton, NJ, looking to sell your property while saving on realtor commission, Clever is a great option worth considering.
What we like: Clever offers the opportunity to work with highly qualified realtors at discounted rates of up to 50%. Its matching service is highly regarded and completely free, without any obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with top-rated local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You can compare and choose from multiple options and enjoy the exclusive benefit of a 1.5% listing fee, comparable to Redfin, regardless of which realtor you decide to work with.
- Partner with a respected realtor from a well-established brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Discounted rates up to 50% below standard rates when using Clever
- Wide variety of agents, including many highly rated realtors available in the Trenton area
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may require an additional fee (agents will provide details during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin TrentonLearn More
Our take: Redfin is a solid choice in Trenton, NJ, especially if you’re both buying and selling in the area.
What we like: Redfin stands out with its affordable 1.5% listing fees, resulting in significant savings for sellers. If you decide to work with Redfin for both buying and selling within one year, you’ll benefit from an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a well-established and reputable brand that offers an extensive range of discount realtors, surpassing many local brokers in Trenton.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based approach may not be ideal for everyone. The majority of the process is conducted remotely, and you’ll work with a Lead Agent alongside a back-office team. Keep in mind that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $4,500 in Trenton. So, if you have a home worth $300,000 or less, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Substantial savings on listing fees
- Well-known brand with a decent selection of agents
- Appealing tech-forward approach for some sellers
- May not suit those who prefer a more personalized, individual agent approach
- Higher minimum fee than other options in Trenton
- Less agent options compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. In Trenton) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 619 Lake Ave, 3rd Fl, Suite 500, Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Areas served: Ewing, Hamilton Square, Hopewell, Lawrenceville, Marlton, Mill Hill, Pennington, Plainsboro, Princeton, Robbinsville, South Trenton, Trenton, and more
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate may be a good choice for sellers who value transparent pricing and easy communication, but it could lack Trenton market expertise.
What we like: The 1.5% listing fee can lead to decent savings for home sellers. Plus, its online platform makes communicating with your agent easy, and reviews are largely positive.
Things to watch out for: Prevu has a small presence in Trenton, so you may not find agents with extensive local experience. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Trenton.
- Transparent pricing model and good listing fee savings
- Established multi-state operation
- Online platform allows for easy communication with your discount realtor
- No public reviews or transaction data found specific to Trenton
- Potential lack of market expertise
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Trenton, NJ
Assist-2-Sell, a provider of MLS services, has experienced a downturn in recent years. While local offices typically offer a range of comprehensive services and pricing options, the specifics may vary. We opted not to include Assist-2-Sell in our Trenton list due to the limited data available about the company in the area. There’s a lack of information regarding pricing, recent transactions, and customer reviews, making it difficult to assess the company’s current presence and level of activity in Trenton.
Home Access Realty, a part of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, is a good option for home sellers who prefer working with a well-recognized real estate brand with a lower total commission fee of 4%. As it’s affiliated with Keller Williams, a well-established real estate franchise, you can expect professional service from experienced agents. We left Home Access Realty off our Trenton list due to a lack of information about services, customer satisfaction, and availability.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Trenton brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Trenton is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Trenton, NJ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Trenton region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Trenton options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.