If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Union City, New Jersey, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Union City, New Jersey, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Union City, NJ
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Union City, NJ, looking to minimize realtor commission costs without compromising quality service, Clever is our top recommendation.
What we like: Clever connects sellers with highly qualified realtors who offer discounted rates of up to 50%. Its matching service has received outstanding reviews and doesn’t require any obligations or fees.
How it works: Clever matches sellers with top-rated local realtors from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the flexibility to explore multiple options and choose the realtor that aligns best with your needs. Regardless of the realtor you select, you’ll receive the exclusive 1.5% listing fee, the same as Redfin.
- Partner with a reputable realtor from a well-established brokerage, not a discount agent
- Special 1.5% listing fee when working with Clever’s network of realtors
- Diverse pool of agents, including many highly rated realtors available in Union City, NJ
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with extra costs (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin Union CityLearn More
Our take: If you’re looking to sell and buy a home in Union City, NJ, Redfin could be a good option. However, it’s important to note that Redfin has a higher minimum commission fee compared to other choices in New Jersey.
What we like: Redfin stands out for its competitive listing fees, charging only 1.5% of the home’s sale price. If you decide to use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you’ll receive an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a reputable brand with a wide network of discount realtors, offering more options compared to other discount real estate brokers in Union City.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s approach relies heavily on technology and uses a team-based structure, which may not appeal to everyone. The majority of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Sellers should take note of Redfin’s minimum commission fee of $5,000 in Union City. This means that if your home is valued at $334,000 or less, you’ll end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Considerable savings on listing fees
- A reputable brand with a strong roster of agents
- Appealing tech-driven approach for certain sellers
- May not be the best choice for those seeking a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience
- The $5,000 minimum fee in Union City is higher compared to other alternatives
- Redfin offers a smaller selection of agents compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($5,000 min. in Union City) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Union City, NJ, who prioritizes affordability, communication, and transparency, Prevu Real Estate is worth considering. However, it may not offer the same level of local expertise as some other options in the area.
What we like: Prevu offers a competitive listing fee of 1.5%, allowing sellers to save on realtor commissions. Its user-friendly online platform makes it easy to communicate with agents, and customer reviews generally express satisfaction with the service.
Things to watch out for: We couldn’t find any transaction data specific to the Union City area, which may suggest that Prevu has less experience in this market. It’s also unclear what the minimum commission fee is for listings in Union City.
- Transparent pricing structure with a competitive listing fee in the market
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform for easy communication with discount agents
- Limited public reviews or transaction data specifically for Union City
- Unclear information regarding the minimum listing fee for Union City listings
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Union City, NJ
Assist-2-Sell is a discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company that’s been around for decades but has recently been on the decline. Local offices generally provide full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing models, but the specifics vary by branch. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell Sellers and Buyers Realty, the office listed in Assist-2-Sell’s main directory, because of limited data. We found no pricing details, transactions, or customer reviews to suggest the company is still active in the Union City area.
Home Access Realty, a subsidiary of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, offers a reliable option for home sellers seeking a reputable brand and a competitive total commission fee of 4%. However, due to limited information available on its specific services, customer satisfaction, and availability, we have chosen not to include Home Access Realty on our list for Union City.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Union City brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Union City is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Union City, NJ discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Union City region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Union City options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.