If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Utica, New York, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Utica, New York, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Utica, NY
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Utica, NY, for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from several top Utica-area realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Best Choice Flat FeeLearn More
Our take: Best Choice Flat Fee’s low prices make it a great opportunity to save, especially on higher-value homes, but its full-service package might not meet your needs. We recommend asking a lot of questions in the agent interview to make sure they’re able to provide the level of service you need.
What we like: The company’s low flat fee and full-service pricing option make it ideal for sellers looking to save on commission without sacrificing a full-service realtor.
Things to watch out for: Best Choice Flat Fee is a nationwide network of individually owned discount real estate brokerages. Service can vary, and good reviews for one location don’t necessarily mean great service at another.
- Low flat listing fees
- Multiple service tiers to choose from (one full-service option)
- Extra charges for photography, yard signs, and lock boxes
- Service may not match the quality of higher-cost brokers
- $999 at listing (Full Service Realtor)
- 1–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- Learn more about pricing plans
*Not enough data available at this time
Address: 1110 Hamilton Blvd, Suite 2A, South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate is a multi-state discount real estate brokerage that offers full service for a competitive 1.5% listing fee (minimums may apply). However, Prevu’s real value is geared toward home buyers, with up to a 2% commission rebate when you purchase a home.
What we like: The 1.5% listing fee can lead to decent savings for home sellers. Plus, its online platform makes communicating with your agent easy, and reviews are largely positive.
Things to watch out for: There’s limited data about the company’s transaction history in New York, making it challenging to gauge its local performance compared to competitors. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for Utica.
- Good listing fee savings
- Established multi-state operation
- Online platform allows for easy communication with your discount realtor
- Limited data about the company’s performance in Utica
- Less agent selection than Clever
- Unclear what the minimum listing fee is
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Phone: (646) 603-6868
Address: 110 E 25th St, New York, NY 10010
Areas served: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Washington DC
Other discount real estate brokerages in Utica, NY
Assist-2-Sell, a well-established discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has experienced a decline in recent years. While local offices typically offer full-service and tiered, flat fee pricing options, the specific details may vary. We didn’t include Assist-2-Sell in our Utica list because we couldn’t find any data about the company in the area. There was no available information regarding pricing, recent transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current local activity.
Our Property Team offers full service for an upfront flat listing fee of $3,504 and charges a flat fee of $495 at closing. With no reviews or transactions found, it was difficult to gauge the company’s reputation and overall customer satisfaction, which is why Our Property Team didn’t make our Utica list.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Utica brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New York: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New York Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New York, including tips on how to save on your sale.
9 Steps to Selling a Home in New York: Are you ready to sell your home in Utica but need help understanding the process first? Read our complete guide on selling a home in New York (with or without a realtor).
How to negotiate realtor commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to choose the right realtor to sell your house: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Utica, NY discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Utica region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Utica options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.