The best Tampa real estate agent doesn’t just have stellar reviews and a strong track record of completed transactions.
The right agent understands how to provide top-notch customer service, is willing to take the time to understand your goals, and is committed to being your advocate from beginning to end.
We’ve combed through sales data and customer feedback to find Tampa real estate agents that stand apart from the crowd in terms of their talent, knowledge of the area, and client satisfaction. If you’re looking for a different city, take a look at our ranking of the top real estate agents in Florida.
Jump to the top agents in Tampa for:
How we evaluated the real estate agents in Tampa Florida
To come up with a list of the top agents in Tampa, Florida, we needed to vet, evaluate, and compare the best agents in the area. For us, this means ensuring that every agent has sufficient experience, transaction volume, recent work history, and ample reviews for us to analyze.
The agents that made our list didn’t only meet that set of criteria. They were also exceptional at what they did whether it was pricing, negotiating, customer service, or something more specific like selling quickly.
Top real estate agents for sellers in Tampa
Seller’s agents list your home for sale, so they’re also called listing agents. Successfully listing a home involves more than meets the eye. Necessary skills include pricing your property appropriately and marketing it effectively to potential buyers.
Your seller’s agent will also negotiate a fair price for you and complete all paperwork throughout the process. The right agent will understand your goals and will have a track record of successfully finding buyers for properties similar to yours in terms of location, price, and condition.
Listing agents best at:
- Selling mid-priced homes quickly: Kristy Darragh
- Pricing properties accurately: Coleen Garner
- Marketing mid-priced properties: Janet Lopez
- Selling luxury homes quickly: Jerilyn Rush
- Making the selling process fun: Janice Rodriguez
- Negotiating top-dollar for your home: Karen Fate
Our friends at Clever are pros at finding the best agent for your circumstances. You can fill out a form, get on a quick call, and get an agent that understands your needs, all the same day. The service isn’t just free, it can save you money on commissions.
Best at selling mid-priced homes quicklyCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Sellers interested in moving quickly to find a buyer for their home.
- 30 years of experience and 906 past sales have given Kristy the knowledge to handle even the most complex sales transactions.
- She primarily sells homes in New Tampa, Pebble Creek, and Tampa Palms.
- Most of her past transactions involve homes priced between $200,000 and $500,000.
- Kristy tends to sell homes faster than average, with most homes on the market for around 30 days. By comparison, it usually takes around 60 days for homes in the Tampa area to sell.
- Kristy is skilled at making homes look their best, with most of her listings featuring engaging descriptions and professional photographs.
- Reviewers tout her professionalism and eagerness to share the knowledge and insight she’s gained over her 30 years in the real estate industry.
- Kristy is not active on Facebook, so if you’re hoping for an agent who will aggressively market your home on social media, she’s not the right fit.
- She’s only sold a few luxury properties, so you should consider a different agent if you have a higher priced home to sell.
Best at pricing properties accuratelyCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Sellers who want an agent who will price their property appropriately from the start.
- 20 years of experience and 467 past sales have helped Coleen to develop a deep knowledge of the Tampa real estate market which she’ll apply to your transaction.
- She primarily sells homes in Holiday, North Tampa, and Town ‘n Country.
- Most of her past transactions involve homes priced between $100,000 and $200,000.
- Coleen is skilled at pricing, with most homes she lists selling at the asking price or just below it.
- Her professionalism and responsiveness have impressed past clients, and she’s received almost 50 five-star reviews.
- She’s successfully sold homes where other agents have failed, which suggests she’s able to market even difficult to sell properties.
- Some of Coleen’s listings have few photographs or low quality photos that don’t show the property at its best.
- Most of the properties she sells are low-budget homes, condos, or rental properties so she’s not the right fit if you have a luxury home to sell.
Best at marketing mid-priced propertiesCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Sellers with homes between $300,000 and $500,000 who want an agent skilled at making their property look its best.
- 33 years of experience and 217 past sales ensure that Janet is prepared and ready to represent sellers even in complicated real estate transactions.
- She primarily sells homes in Northwest Tampa and Westchase.
- Most of her past transactions involve homes priced between $300,000 and $500,000.
- Janet’s listings are top-notch, featuring professional quality photographs and engaging descriptions.
- Janet owns her own brokerage and has a whole team supporting her, so you’re sure to receive timely answers to questions and nothing should fall through the cracks.
- Reviewers tout her professionalism in almost 60 five star reviews, with many past clients reporting Janet has gone above and beyond regarding communication, follow through, and guidance during the selling process.
- Janet isn’t as skilled at pricing properties as some other agents, with many homes she lists selling for between 3% and 4% below their asking price.
- It generally takes Janet an average amount of time to sell properties compared with other homes in the area, so those looking for a fast sale should consider another agent.
Best at selling luxury homes quicklyCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Sellers of luxury homes who are eager to find a buyer as soon as possible.
- 13 years of experience and 224 past sales have helped Jerilyn develop a breadth of knowledge that enables her to handle even complex transactions.
- She primarily sells homes in Pebble Creek, St. Petersburg, and Wesley Chapel.
- Most of her past transactions involve homes priced between $400,000 and $600,000.
- Many of the properties Jerilyn lists sell more quickly than average.
- Jerilyn is active on Facebook and is skilled at marketing homes on social media.
- Jerilyn has many recommendations from satisfied clients, with many past sellers indicating their home sold within days.
- Some of Jerilyn’s listings have duplicate photos, which can be frustrating to potential buyers as it makes looking at the listing more time consuming.
- Jerilyn isn’t a pricing expert, and many of the homes she lists sell for between 3% and 10% below the asking price.
Best at making the selling process funCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Sellers looking for an agent who can take the stress out of buying a home.
- 17 years of experience and 215 past sales have helped Janice to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to represent sellers even if their transactions become complicated.
- She primarily sells homes in Clearwater and Town ‘n Country.
- Most of her past transactions have involved properties priced between $300,000 and $500,000.
- Most of Janice’s business is referral-based, which is a clear indicator that she goes above-and-beyond for her clients and provides a satisfying sales experience.
- Past positive reviews emphasize her knowledge and patience, with multiple past clients also indicating she made the process of selling their home fun.
- The quality of her listings is good, with most featuring professional photographs and engaging descriptions.
- Some of Janice’s properties take longer than average to sell, so she’s not the right choice if moving quickly is your top priority.
Best at negotiating top-dollar for your homeCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Sellers who want a tough negotiator working on their behalf to sell their home for the highest possible price.
- 17 years of experience and 202 past sales have given Karen a wide scope of knowledge so she’s prepared to represent sellers even in complicated situations.
- She primarily sells homes in Central or South Tampa.
- Most of her past transactions involve properties priced between $300,000 and $400,000.
- Karen is a strong negotiator, frequently helping sellers to get an offer between 2% and 5% higher than the property’s listing price.
- She has an active Facebook page and is skilled at marketing properties on social media.
- Karen’s listing photographs are very high quality, and she writes engaging descriptions to help make the properties she sells sound attractive to buyers.
- Many of the homes she lists take longer than the average for the area to sell, so if you want to move on quickly you should consider another agent.
Top real estate agents for buyers in Tampa, Florida
Buyer’s agents work to help you find the perfect property and purchase it at the right price. The right buyer’s agent knows the area where you’re hoping to purchase and has helped many past clients find homes within your price range.
Your agent will guide you through the process, provide insight into the local market, and handle the paperwork on your behalf — all while providing top-notch customer service.
Buyer’s agents best at:
- Helping buyers find the perfect location: Wendy Ross
- Negotiating the best price: Allison Connors
- Helping with buying and selling: Sophia Sanchez
- Purchasing a mid-priced home: Khristian Marcotrigiano
- Negotiating a fair price when buying and selling: Warren Ring
Our friends at Clever are pros at finding the best agent for your circumstances. You can fill out a form, get on a quick call, and get an agent that understands your needs, all the same day. The service isn’t just free, it can earn you a rebate from your agent and put money in your pocket.
Best at helping buyers find the perfect locationCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Buyers who aren’t sure where they want to move in the Tampa area and who need an agent familiar with local neighborhoods.
- 13 years of experience and 378 past sales have helped Wendy to develop a wide breadth of knowledge necessary to represent buyers even in complex transactions.
- Wendy primarily represents buyers and has few active listings.
- Most of her past transactions involve homes priced between $300,000 and $500,000.
- Wendy works throughout the entire Tampa area, as well as in surrounding locales including St. Petersburg. If you aren’t sure what the right location is for you, her knowledge of the area can be helpful.
- Past buyers have touted her accommodating personality, as well as her knowledge of local neighborhoods and her patience throughout the purchase process.
- Wendy has represented buyers in 70% of recent transactions. She has few active listings, so her focus won’t be split between your home search and marketing her properties.
- Wendy isn’t as strong a negotiator as some other agents, with many past clients purchasing homes for close to the list price.
Best at negotiating the best priceCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Buyers who want a tough negotiator in their corner who can help them to save substantially off a property’s list price.
- Although Allison has 252 recent sales, she has just eight years of experience — not nearly as much as other top agents.
- Allison primarily represents buyers purchasing properties in the Town n’ Country areas and Westchase.
- Most of her past transactions involve homes priced between $200,000 and $400,000.
- Allison is a skilled negotiator, frequently helping buyers save as much as 4% to 5% off the property’s listing price.
- Allison primarily represents buyers and has few active listings, so she’ll be able to devote the bulk of her time to assisting in your property search as she isn’t marketing many homes.
- Allison provides top-notch customer service, with past reviews touting her knowledge of the Tampa real estate market, her responsiveness, and her strong communication skills throughout the sales process.
- Allison focuses on mid-priced homes, so those on a low budget or who are looking for a luxury property should consider working with a different agent.
Best at helping with buying and selling propertiesCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Buyers who are looking for an agent to both help them sell their current home and purchase another one.
- 16 years of experience and 313 past sales have helped Sophia to develop the knowledge to represent buyers and sellers even in complex transactions.
- She primarily focuses on homes in Central and South Tampa.
- She speaks Spanish.
- Sophia represents buyers and sellers nearly equally, so she is a good choice if you’re interested in working with an agent who can both help you to sell your current property and purchase your next one.
- She’s skilled at pricing, with most homes she’s listed selling at the list price or just 1% below it.
- Many reviewers indicate she was skilled with both the buying and selling process, overcoming obstacles that arose and providing top-notch customer service.
- Sophia’s Facebook page isn’t very active, so if you’re looking for a seller who is skilled at marketing your property on Social Media, she may not be the best choice.
Specializes in purchasing mid-priced homesCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Buyers looking for someone to make the process of purchasing a mid-priced home seem effortless.
- Although she has 247 past sales, Khristian has just six years of experience — far less than many other top agents.
- She primarily focuses on homes in Land O’ Lakes, Pebble Creek, and Wesley Chapel.
- Most of her past transactions have involved homes priced between $200,000 and $300,000.
- Khristian almost exclusively represents buyers, so her attention won’t be focused on managing her own listings.
- Khristian has had many repeat customers, suggesting she goes above and beyond in satisfying clients.
- Many past reviews indicate Khirstian simplified the purchasing process, making it seem effortless even in complex situations such as when buyers were relocating from long distances or faced with difficult sellers.
- Because Khristian almost exclusively represents buyers, she’s not the right agent if you’re looking for someone who can help you to both buy and sell your home.
Negotiates a fair price when buying and sellingCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Buyers who need a strong negotiator who can help them get a fair price for the home they’re selling while also scoring a discount on a new property.
- 10 years of experience and 332 past sales ensure Warren has a wide scope of knowledge and is prepared to handle the complex process of buying and selling a property.
- He primarily focuses on homes in Northwest Tampa, Odessa, and Town N Country.
- He speaks German.
- Warren is a skilled negotiator, consistently helping buyers to save as much as 1% to 2% off listing price.
- He regularly represents buyers and sellers, so can help you sell an existing property and purchase a new one.
- Warren’s listings are professional, with high quality photographs and engaging listings.
- Few of Warren’s past transactions were for low-priced or luxury properties, so if you’re looking for a home at the high end or low end of the market, you may prefer a different agent.
Top real estate agents for investors in Tampa, Florida
Investor’s agents need to look at real estate transactions in a different light. With their insider knowledge of the local market, they should be able to help you assess the appreciation and income potential of properties you’re interested in.
Good investor’s agents need to understand your goals for building your investment portfolio and provide the insight you need to navigate local markets and make the right purchase.
Investor’s agents best at:
- Helping beginning real estate investors: Jeff Copeland
- Rental properties: Doug Merriott
Your return on investment is impacted by the commissions you pay when buying and selling. Our friends at Clever can get you an agent and save you money, helping your portfolio grow more quickly.
Best at helping beginning real estate investorsCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Beginning real estate investors who can provide them with the advice they need to find the right property.
- Although Jeff has 179 past sales, he has just seven years of experience which is less than many other top agents.
- He primarily focuses on properties in St. Petersburg and Tampa.
- Most of his past transactions have involved properties between $300,000 and $400,000.
- Jeff works with a brokerage firm of agents who provide support for transactions, so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Past reviews have touted his responsiveness and his willingness to understand their goals and help them find the perfect property.
- Jeff has active social media accounts where he routinely provides educational materials about investing in the Tampa area. This can help first-time investors become more informed about the local market.
- Jeff primarily represents buyers, so if you’re looking for someone to help you both purchase and sell investment properties, a different agent would be a better fit.
Best at buying and selling rental propertiesCONNECT
RECOMMENDED FOR: Real estate investors interested in purchasing rental properties who want an agent who is also an experienced landlord.
- With just 33 past sales and 6 years of experience, Doug has a much shorter history of working within the Tampa real estate market than many other top agents.
- He primarily focuses on properties in St. Petersburg.
- Most of his past transactions are priced between $100,000 and $200,000.
- As a landlord himself, Doug is skilled at assessing the income potential of rental properties.
- Past reviews tout his willingness to share his knowledge and help investors make sound choices and avoid bad deals.
- He manages rentals of single family homes and apartment buildings, which can streamline the process of buying a property and finding tenants.
- Doug has less experience than many other agents and few recent reviews, so it’s not clear if he’s able to consistently provide top-notch service to clients over time.