Expert Home Offers is a website that collects information from home sellers and sells it to interested investors who are looking to make cash offers. The website also sells leads to agents who are looking to represent home sellers.
Unlike other companies that buy houses for cash, there’s no guarantee that you’ll receive a cash offer after you submit your information to Expert Home Offers.
Home sellers should do their own due diligence if they get an offer through the site. Expert Home Offers doesn’t purchase homes or involve themselves in actual home sales; they just sell leads to investors and agents who aren’t vetted in any way.
If you want to sell your house fast with the help of a reputable real estate agent, our friends at Clever can help you get the most possible money while saving thousands on commission!
🔑 Key Takeaways:
- Expert Home Offers essentially provides an opportunity to meet a real estate agent or investor in your local area
- Unlike other cash buyer companies, Expert Home Offers doesn’t make cash offers outright and doesn’t pre-vet its investors for qualifications or proof of funds
- If you need to sell fast, we recommend hiring a qualified real estate agent who can connect you with local real estate investors and negotiate on your behalf
How Expert Home Offers Works
✍️ Editor’s Take
Expert Home Offers provides no clear timeline and no guarantee of a successful sale. You’ll have to carefully vet anyone who contacts you to make sure they have the funds to buy your house.
If you want a fast, predictable sale without having to do a lot of research and negotiation yourself, you’re better off going with a national cash buyer like We Buy Ugly Houses or WeBuyHouses.com.
If you’d like to connect with a cash buyer through Expert Home Offers, you can easily complete an online form and wait for a response, but there’s no guarantee that you’ll hear back.
The process generally goes like this:
- Submit your information online. The submission form asks for details like your contact information, the size of the house you want to sell, the estimated value, your asking price, and whether or not you’re currently working with a listing agent.
- Your details are added to the Expert Home Offers database. Real estate agents and investors browse this database to identify leads that interest them.
- If someone is interested, they’ll contact you. An investor might contact you with a cash offer if they’re interested in your property, or you might hear from a real estate agent if you’ve indicated that you’re open to speaking with an agent.
- Negotiating is up to you. If an investor does reach out to you with an offer, it’s up to you to negotiate a deal and vet the investor to find out if they’re legitimate.
Expert Home Offers Locations
As of April, 2021, Expert Home Offers is available in 6,334 locations across all 50 states and Washington, D.C. This means that individual subscribers to the Expert Home Offers database can be found in 6,334 locations, not that the company itself has offices or employees in these locations.
We were unable to find any reviews of Expert Home Offers from home sellers.
Without reviews from actual home sellers, it’s difficult to say what the experience of selling a home to a member of the Expert Home Offers network might be like.
There are reviews from real estate agents and investors — which makes sense since these are the customers that Expert Home Offers serves.
Is Expert Home Offers Legit?
Expert Home Offers is a legitimate company that allows home sellers to connect with real estate agents and investors who buy houses for cash.
However, Expert Home Offers makes claims that don’t match the reality of what their service offers.
- Speed: Expert Home Offers promises fast offers, but its business model actually incentivizes investors in the network to respond slowly. Pricing starts at $75 per lead, but drops down to $34.95 after three days and then down to just $9.95 after 15 days.
- Certainty: Expert Home Offers doesn’t require proof of funds or have any criteria for agents and investors joining the network. In other words, if you get a cash offer, it isn’t necessarily valid.
- You only hear from one agent or investor: Because Expert Home Offers sells each lead, you won’t hear from multiple investors or agents. This means that you won’t get multiple competitive bids, and you could end up getting less money than you hoped.
Expert Home Offers vs. Hiring a Real Estate Agent
Many real estate agents specialize in helping home sellers part with their property quickly — and they can negotiate on behalf of home sellers.
If you sell to an investor via Expert Home Offers, you won’t get the best possible price, and you’ll have to do all of the negotiating on your own.
A qualified real estate agent can help you sell your house faster by emphasizing its potential to investors and other motivated home buyers on the open market.
If you’re set on selling to a cash buyer, many real estate agents even have connections to local investors who might be looking for deals.
Either way, listing your house on the open market will draw more competitive offers, so you can be sure that you’re getting the best possible deal.
Sell Fast for More Money!
Our friends at Clever Real Estate can connect you with an agent who can help you sell for more money on a timeline that works for you.
Expert Home Offers vs. Cash Buyer Companies
Expert Home Offers is often mentioned alongside other cash buyer companies, but it has a very different business model. The approach of Expert Home Offers might not align with the priorities of home sellers who need to find a cash buyer.
Most home sellers want two things from a cash buyer:
- A committed offer
- A fast closing time
Cash buyer companies typically meet these expectations by providing a fast cash offer to purchase your home.
With we buy houses companies, you can usually get an offer in just a few days and close within one to four weeks. These companies either buy your house directly or arrange a purchase with a pre-vetted real estate investor who represents the brand.
Expert Home Offers, on the other hand, only offers an introduction to a real estate agent or an investor. There’s no guarantee that this person will make an offer to buy your home, or that they’re even qualified to do so.
There’s also no specific timeline when you can expect to hear back from anyone in the Expert Home Offers network, if you hear back at all.
|Home Selling Problem||Cash Buyer Companies||Expert Home Offers|
|You're in a financial bind and need to sell fast||Receive a cash offer within 3-7 days and close within 1-4 weeks||No guarantee of when you'll hear back|
|Your home is vacant or in poor condition||No problem — cash buyer companies expect this!||Real estate investors are always looking for deals, so one might reach out|
|You're struggling to sell your home on the open market||Get a firm cash offer and closing date||You may or may not hear from a qualified buyer|
|You need to find a specialized buyer for a rental property||Connect with a network of pre-vetted investors||Investors aren't pre-vetted, so you'll have to do your own due diligence|
Want to learn more about other options for selling your house fast and how they work? Check out these articles.
We Buy Ugly Houses Review – An in-depth review of one of the largest cash buyer companies. Includes reviews from actual customers, a breakdown of pros and cons, and details about how much We Buy Ugly Houses pays home sellers.
Are “We Buy Houses” Companies a Ripoff? – You’ve probably seen lots of “We Buy Houses” signs, but are these companies legitimate? This article explains how cash buyer companies work and what you should watch out for.