If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Birmingham, Alabama, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Birmingham, Alabama, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Michigan
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Michigan looking to sell your property and save on realtor commission, Clever is a great option.
What we like: Clever lets you to work with top-notch, traditional realtors at discounted rates of up to 50%. Its matching service is highly reputable and completely free with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with highly-rated local realtors from well-known brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You have the freedom to compare different options and choose the realtor that best suits your needs, all while enjoying an exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) regardless of your choice of realtor.
- Work with a traditional realtor from a recognized brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Discounted rates of up to 50% compared to regular rates through Clever
- Wide range of agent options with hundreds of top-rated realtors available in Michigan
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin MichiganLearn More
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in Michigan looking to sell and buy in Michgian for discounted commission, Redfin is a solid choice.
What we like: Redfin stands out with their 1.5% listing fees, providing substantial savings for home sellers. Additionally, if you use Redfin for both selling and buying within a year, you can enjoy an extra 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is an established brand that offers a wider selection of discount realtors compared to other discount real estate brokers in Michigan.
Things to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based approach may not suit everyone’s preferences. The majority of the process is conducted remotely, and you’ll work with a Lead Agent and a back-office team. It’s important to note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $2,000–3,500 in Michigan. So, depending on the home’s sale price, you could pay more than the 1.5% advertised rate.
- Solid listing fee savings
- Established brand and decent agent selection
- Tech-forward approach may appeal to some sellers
- High-volume, team-centric approach may not be for everyone
- Less agent selection than Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($2,000–3,500 min. in Michigan) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Our take: If you’re a home seller in Michigan looking for a discount real estate option, Assist-2-Sell may be a good fit for you. With its multi-state presence and positive customer reviews, this company can sell your home for lower listing fees.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell provides a full-service experience at lower commission rates compared to traditional brokerages. It has a strong reputation and a wide network of agents to choose from.
Things to watch out for: It’s important to note that its pricing structure and services can vary by location. Make sure to contact a local agent to get a clear understanding of its fees and services before making a decision.
- Lower commission rates compared to traditional brokerages
- Full-service experience with a wide network of agents
- Strong reputation and positive customer reviews
- Pricing and services can vary by location
- The lack of transparency in service details from Assist-2-Sell can make it challenging to fully understand what to expect when working with this broker
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Michigan
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Michigan
Discount Realtor is a real estate referral service that matches you with a discount realtor in Michigan. Its real estate agents either offer discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. We left it off our Michigan list because we couldn’t verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions for this company.
HomeFlex Realty is a local real estate broker in the North Muskegon area. It offers a variety of packages, ranging from closing assistance to full service. We didn’t include Home Flex Realty in our Michigan list due to some unclarity about its pricing models. It’s unclear if sellers will actually save on realtor commission if the buyer is represented by another brokerage.
Find Alabama discount real estate brokers near me
Some low-commission realtors only serve local areas in Alabama. See more options available in your city.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Birmingham brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Michigan: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Michigan Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Michigan, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Michigan: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Michigan is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Birmingham, AL discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Birmingham region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Birmingham options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.