If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Indianapolis, Indiana, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 19 discount real estate brokers in the Indianapolis, Indiana, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Indianapolis, IN
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling your home in Indianapolis and want to save on realtor commission without compromising on service, Clever is our top pick.
What we like: Clever offers discounted rates of up to 50% from traditional realtors. Its matching service is highly regarded and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with highly-rated local realtors from reputable brokerages such as RE/MAX and Compass. You have the opportunity to compare options and find the best fit, all while benefiting from the exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of which realtor you choose.
- Collaborate with a reputable agent from a well-established brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents are willing to work for a 1.5% listing fee when you choose Clever
- Access to a wide range of top Indianapolis realtors
- No guarantee that you’ll have the opportunity to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your preference
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with an additional cost (agents will provide full details during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin IndianapolisLearn More
Our take: If you’re thinking about selling your home in Indianapolis, IN, and want a reliable discount real estate broker, Redfin is definitely worth considering.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, which can lead to significant savings. Additionally, if you’re planning on both buying and selling through Redfin within a year, you get an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a reputable and widely recognized brand that offers a diverse selection of discount realtors to choose from.
Things to watch out for: Redfin heavily relies on its technology-driven and team-based approach, which may not align with everyone’s preferences. Most of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent who is supported by a back-office team. However, some sellers may prefer a more personalized agent experience. Also, Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $3,000 in Indianapolis. If your home’s value is $200,000 or less, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with a strong lineup of agents
- Remote, team-based approach may be beneficial for some sellers
- May not be the ideal choice for those seeking a personalized agent experience
- Limited selection of agents compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min. in Indianapolis) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 510 E 96th St, Suite 180, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Areas served: Avon, Bargersville, Carmel, Fishers, Franklin, Greenfield, Greenwood, Indianapolis, Lawrence, Noblesville, Shelbyville, Westfield, Zionsville, and more
Our take: Assist-2-Sell presents some promising customer review scores and potential savings. However, service and commission details may vary from one location to another. We recommend verifying these details with a local Indianapolis agent before committing.
What we like: Assist-2-Sell is a nationwide brand with a decent customer review score, indicating that clients have had a generally positive experience with the company.
Things to watch out for: The company doesn’t provide clear information on its services or pricing model, making it hard to compare with other brokers in Indianapolis.
- Multi-state presence
- Solid customer review scores, showing overall client satisfaction
- Lack of transparency in service details
- Pricing varies by location and isn’t explicitly disclosed
- Reach out to Assist-2-Sell directly to get a clear understanding of its services and pricing in Indianapolis
*Google reviews are comprehensive of all Assist-2-Sell locations.
Other discount real estate brokerages in Indianapolis, IN
JF Property Group appears to have a straightforward pricing structure with its primary offering being its 4% total commission plan. However, the lack of customer reviews or transaction data causes some reservations in terms of transparency and reputation. For these reasons, we left it off our Indianapolis list.
Ken Fisher Realty offers a single full-service plan for sellers, charging 2.95%, a below-average commission rate that may provide some cost savings. However, the company’s suggestion to offer a below-market buyer’s agent fee could compromise your home’s visibility in the marketplace. Because of this advice, and its relatively high fee compared to other discount realtors, we decided to keep Ken Fisher Realty off our Indianapolis list.
4 Realty provides listing services for a total commission of 4%. However, the split between the listing commission and buyer’s agent commission is unclear, so we left it off our Indianapolis list. If you are considering 4 Realty, ask detailed questions about the service in your initial conversations. Clarify the minimums that apply and seek evidence of past successful transactions to ensure this is the best fit for your selling needs.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Indianapolis brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Indiana: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Indiana Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Indiana, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Indiana: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Indianapolis is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 40 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Indianapolis, IN discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 90,780 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Indianapolis region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Indianapolis options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.