If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Kentucky, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 18 discount real estate brokers in Kentucky based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Kentucky
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is our top pick in Kentucky for home sellers looking to save on realtor commission without sacrificing service.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50%) from non-discount realtors. Plus Clever’s matching service is highly rated and free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever matches you with top local realtors from major brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You compare options to find the best fit and get the special 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin) no matter who you choose.
- Sell with a traditional agent from a name-brand brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents work for up to 50% off their typical rate when you go through Clever
- Most agent selection by far — choose from hundreds of top Kentucky realtors
- No guarantee you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage you have in mind
- Add-ons like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may cost extra (agents will break down what’s included during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Total reviews nationwide:
Total reviews from Kentucky:
Redfin KentuckyLearn More
Our take: Redfin’s discount real estate service offers great value for home sellers in Kentucky looking to save on listing fees.
What we like: Redfin provides an impressive listing fee of 1.5%, and you qualify for an extra 0.5% off if you decide to sell and buy with Redfin within 12 months. Redfin is also a well-established brand with a larger pool of realtors than other local discount real estate brokers.
What to watch out for: Redfin’s technology-driven and team-based approach to selling may not suit everyone’s preferences. With its remote process, you’ll work with a lead agent and a back-office team. Redfin’s minimum commission fee is $3,000 in Kentucky. If your property sells for less than $200,000, the actual listing fee percentage will be slightly higher than the advertised 1.5%.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Strong brand presence and a good selection of agents
- Appealing tech-forward approach for certain sellers
- Higher minimum commission fee compared to other options in Kentucky
- A high-volume, team-centered approach that may not align with everyone’s preferences
- Offers a smaller selection of agents compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min. in Kentucky) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 11 a.m.–8 p.m. EST / 10 a.m.–7 p.m. CST, 7 days a week
Address: 1415 Bardstown Rd., Louisville, KY 40204
Areas served: Bowling Green, Covington, Elizabethtown, Florence, Frankfort, Georgetown, Lexington, Louisville, Newport, Nicholasville, Paducah, Richmond, Union, Versailles, and Winchester
Best Choice Flat Fee KentuckyLearn More
Our take: Best Choice Flat Fee caters to hands-on sellers in Kentucky, but the discount realtor’s hidden fees and lack of support might not be worth the lower price.
What we like: Best Choice Flat Fee offers three pricing plans, ranging from $299–999, which means significant savings compared to the typical 3% realtor commission. Each package comes with different service options to meet your individual needs.
Things to watch out for: Best Choice Flat Fee’s pricing structure is not straightforward, and it’s crucial to carefully review every service option before making a selection. Additional fees for open houses, sign delivery and installation, and electronic signatures aren’t included in the initial pricing.
- Flexibility to choose from multiple pricing plans that suit your budget
- Flat fee pricing offers a significant discount compared to percentage-based commission
- $250 due at closing on top of the advertised fee
- Extra fees for sign posting and document signing
- Navigating and understanding the different plan offerings may pose some challenges
- $299–999 upfront
- $250 listing fee at closing
- 2.5–3% buying agent commission at closing
*Not enough data available at this time
Other discount real estate brokerages in Kentucky
Assist-2-Sell provides nationwide flat fee real estate options for Louisville residents, but a lack of detailed service information and review information in the area kept it from making our list. These factors made it challenging to compare its offerings and customer satisfaction to other local discount real estate brokers.
Discount Realtor matches home sellers in Kentucky with discount realtors in the region who offer a discounted rate or flat fee on local MLS listings. This broker did not make our list due to a lack of solid pricing information and transaction data in Kentucky.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Kentucky brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Kentucky: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you accurately estimate costs when you sell your home and avoid overpaying for a realtor.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Kentucky: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Kentucky is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 41 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Kentucky discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 110,146 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in Kentucky calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Kentucky options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.