If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Montana, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 14 discount real estate brokers in Montana based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Montana
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: For Montana homeowners seeking top-notch real estate selling service without steep commissions, Clever is a great option. With access to leading professionals from premier brokerages and the potential for impressive savings, it’s a solid choice.
What we like: Through Clever’s highly rated platform, major savings become feasible without compromising on service quality. Access a broad range of realty talent and select from certified, top-tier agents while saving up to 50% (compared to traditional commission rates).
How it works: Clever connects you with top local real estate agents from established brokerages. You’re not limited to discount real estate brokers! With Clever, you score a low 1.5% listing fee, no matter which agent you choose.
- Access traditional brokerages at discounted prices
- Retain all advantages of professional and full-service features
- Matching service lets you compare agents and find the best fit
- No guarantee a specific agent will have availability
- Savings are only viable when working with agents inside Clever’s network
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Curtis Real EstateLearn More
Our take: While it offers a higher total commission fee compared to other discount realtors, Curtis Real Estate might be well-suited for sellers who want local expertise and a suite of full services.
What we like: Boasting strong customer service, the firm holds a solid 5-star rating across 52 reviews. This suggests that customers who have used its services seem overall satisfied. This brokerage also offers professional HDR photography, aerial photography, and online marketing for no extra cost.
How it works: It’s unclear how long the MLS listing period lasts, which could impact the visibility of your property. Also, it’s unclear how the 4% total commission is split into listing agent and buyer’s agent commissions. Depending on the split, it could discourage buyer’s agents from showing your home if their commission rate is low.
- Full-service real estate firm
- Excellent, though limited, customer reviews
- Independently owned low-commission realtor firm with local roots
- Pro photography included at no extra cost
- No clarity on the duration of the MLS listing period
- Unclear how 4% total commission is split
- 4% total commission fee at closing
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission
Red HomeLearn More
Our take: Red Home could be the right fit for Montana sellers who want a personalized discount realty experience, but the broker lacks transparent pricing on its website.
What we like: Red Home advertises a customer-focused approach to discount realty for Montana residents. Listings include market analysis, professional photography, and realtor-led open houses.
Things to watch out for: Red Home’s discount on listing fees is unavailable on its website — you’ll have to contact the agents directly to learn about pricing. The broker also has limited sales and review information online, making it hard to evaluate customer satisfaction levels. Service is also limited to the Bozeman area.
- Discounted listing fees
- Work with a local Bozeman realty team
- Open houses and professional photography included
- Relationship-focused realtors
- Red Home doesn’t disclose its pricing without a consultation with the realty team
- Add-ons like virtual walkthroughs and drone photography aren’t included
- Limited review and sales information online
*Listing fees and buying agent commissions aren’t disclosed online. Contact the brokerage directly to learn more about commission rates.
*Not enough data available at this time
Other discount real estate brokerages in Montana
Assist-2-Sell operates as a discount real estate network, offering complete services for a flat fee as opposed to percentage-based commissions. However, due to a lack of authenticated transactions throughout Montana and unclear pricing details, we didn’t include this company among our top choices.
Discount Realtor matches sellers with agents who provide discounted commissions or fixed-fee rates across Montana. However, there’s no clear-cut pricing information online for Montana, and we found no customer reviews to verify service quality.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Montana brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Montana: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Montana: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Montana is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 32 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Montana discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 95,096 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in Montana calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Montana options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.