If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Birmingham, Alabama, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Birmingham, Alabama, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in New Jersey
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re a home seller in New Jersey and you want to maximize your savings on real estate agent fees while still receiving top-notch service, Clever is an excellent choice.
What we like: Clever offers impressive discounts compared to standard agent commissions with its 1.5% listing fee. Its matching service is highly regarded and completely free, with no strings attached.
How it works: Clever connects you with experienced local agents from reputable brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You can review and compare your options to find the perfect fit, all while taking advantage of Clever’s exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of which agent you choose.
- Work with an experienced agent from a well-respected brokerage vs. a discount agent
- Enjoy substantial savings of up to 50% through Clever’s extensive network of agents.
- Choose from hundreds of highly rated agents in New Jersey
- No guarantee that you’ll be able to work with a specific agent or brokerage of your choice
- Additional services like professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may come with an extra cost (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin New JerseyLearn More
Our take: If you’re selling and buying a home in New Jersey, Redfin is a strong option to consider. However, Redfin does have a higher minimum commission fee compared to other choices in the state.
What we like: Redfin stands out with its competitive listing fees, charging only 1.5% of the sale price. If you use Redfin for both buying and selling within a year, you can even save an additional 0.5% on the listing fee. Redfin is a reputable brand with a large network of discount realtors, giving sellers in New Jersey more choices than other discount real estate brokers.
Things to watch out for: Redfin heavily relies on technology and operates using a team-oriented model, which may not suit everyone’s preferences. The majority of the process is handled remotely by a Lead Agent and a back-office team. Sellers should also be aware that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $4,500 in South Jersey and $5,000 in North Jersey. So, if your home’s value is less than $267,000 in South Jersey or less than $334,000 in North Jersey, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Respected reputation and reliable agents
- Appealing, technology-driven approach for sellers who prefer it
- May not be the ideal choice for those seeking a more hands-on, personalized agent experience
- The $4,500–5,000 minimum fee range in New Jersey is higher than alternatives
- Redfin has a smaller agent pool compared to Clever
- 1.5% listing fee ($4,500 min. in South Jersey, $5,000 min. in North Jersey) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
- 0.5% listing fee refund if you also buy with Redfin within 12 months
*Not enough data available at this time
Prevu Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Prevu Real Estate is a multi-state discount real estate brokerage that offers full service for a competitive 1.5% listing fee (minimums may apply). However, Prevu’s real value is geared toward home buyers, with up to a 2% commission rebate when you purchase a home.
What we like: Prevu stands out with its transparent pricing structure, offering a competitive listing fee in the New Jersey market. The company’s established presence in multiple states demonstrates its ability to consistently provide quality service across various locations. Its online platform ensures easy and seamless communication with its discount agents.
Things to watch out for: Keep in mind that there’s limited available information on reviews and transaction data for New Jersey. Also, it’s unclear what the minimum commission fee is for listings in New Jersey.
- Transparent pricing structure with a competitive listing fee in the market
- Established presence in multiple states
- Convenient online platform for easy communication with discount realtors
- Limited public reviews or transaction data for New Jersey
- Unclear information regarding the minimum listing fee for New Jersey listings
- 1.5% listing fee at closing
- 1.5–2.5% buyer’s agent commission at closing
* There is a minimum commission fee, but the website doesn’t disclose the amount.
Our take: If you’re a homeowner in South Jersey who wants to sell your home and save significantly on real estate agent fees, you may want to consider Houwzer.
What we like: Houwzer sets itself apart by offering an incredibly low 1% listing fee, allowing homeowners to save significantly on fees while still receiving quality service. Customers consistently praise Houwzer’s affordability and high level of service.
Things to watch out for: The specific duration of the MLS listing period is unclear, which could potentially lead to unexpected costs or delays. Also, compared to other real estate agencies, Houwzer’s track record in serving New Jersey may be relatively limited.
- Highly competitive 1% listing fee, allowing homeowners to keep more money in their pocket
- Consistent customer satisfaction with the affordability and exceptional service
- Comprehensive assistance available throughout the entire selling process
- Some service details are unclear
- Houwzer may have a smaller presence in the New Jersey market compared to other local real estate agencies
- Only available in South Jersey
- 1% listing fee at closing
- 2% minimum buyer’s agent commission at closing
Other discount real estate brokerages in New Jersey
Assist-2-Sell, an established real estate brokerage, has been in decline lately. Although the brokerage is known for its MLS services and has a long-standing presence in the industry, recent trends suggest a decrease in market activity. Unfortunately, we were unable to gather enough data to provide a comprehensive review. Due to this lack of information, we have made the decision to exclude Assist-2-Sell from our list of recommended real estate brokerages in New Jersey.
Discount Realtor is a referral service that connects you with real estate agents who provide either a discount commission or a flat fee listing on the local MLS. However, we were unable to verify pricing details or find any reviews or transactions associated with Discount Realtor. As a result, we have decided not to include this company on our list of recommended options in New Jersey.
Home Access Realty, a subsidiary of Keller Williams Realty One Legacy Partners, provides savings with a total commission fee of 4%. However, we have decided not to include the company on our list of recommended real estate brokerages in New Jersey due to a lack of comprehensive information regarding its services, customer satisfaction, and availability. While the savings may be enticing, it is important to consider these factors when choosing a real estate brokerage.
Find Alabama discount real estate brokers near me
Some low-commission realtors only serve local areas in Alabama. See more options available in your city.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Birmingham brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
New Jersey Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in New Jersey, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in New Jersey: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in New Jersey is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Birmingham, AL discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Birmingham region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Birmingham options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.