If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Vermont, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated 17 discount real estate brokers in the Vermont, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Vermont
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Clever is the best option in Vermont for sellers who want discounted realtor commissions without sacrificing service quality.
What we like: Clever gets you discounted rates (up to 50% off) from traditional realtors, not discount real estate agents. The matching service is also free to use with no obligation.
How it works: Clever’s matching service pairs you with top local realtors from well-known brokerages like RE/MAX and Compass. You can select between a wide selection of the best real estate agents in Vermont, all while benefitting from a special 1.5% listing fee.
- Work with an agent from a reputable broker (not a discount real estate broker)
- Enjoy up to half off listing fees when you go through Clever
- Choose from the widest selection of Vermont realtors
- No guarantee to work with a particular agent or brokerage (depends if they have availability)
- Add-ons like professional staging, 3D home tours, or drone photos could cost you extra (agents will detail their service packages during the listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Total reviews nationwide:
Total reviews from Vermont:
Flat Fee Real EstateLearn More
Our take: Flat Fee Real Estate advertises a transparent pricing model for Vermont home sellers, but the flat fee may cost more than other selling options.
What we like: Flat Fee Real Estate offers the potential for significant savings compared to the standard 6% total commission, especially for higher-priced homes. The bundled commission structure also makes payment more convenient, as you only have to worry about it at closing.
Things to watch out for: Combining the buying and selling commission isn’t the norm, which might dissuade some buying agents from working with this broker. Other discount real estate options in Vermont may cost less than Flat Fee Real Estate.
- Substantial savings compared to the traditional 6% commission
- Statewide service with localized knowledge specific to Vermont
- The flat fee structure simplifies the pricing process
- Non-traditional flat buyer’s agent fee might discourage some agents from working with Flat Fee Real Estate
- Lower customer review rating than other discount real estate brokers
- $7,000 total commission at closing
- $3,500 total commission at closing (if no buyer’s agent is involved)
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission
Landfall PropertiesLearn More
Our take: Landfall Properties might be a decent choice for experienced Vermont home sellers, but unclear pricing and limited services may impact your selling potential.
What we like: Landfall Properties advertises a $0 listing-only option, allowing experienced sellers to save significantly. If you prefer a full-service approach, Landfall offers a 1% commission option with an experienced real estate agent.
Things to watch out for: Landfall’s overall pricing structure can be confusing from package to package. The broker also earns revenue by splitting the buyer’s agent’s commission, which may hinder collaboration with buying agents. Services like realtor consultations, signage, and contract documents come at an extra cost, which could impact the overall discount you receive.
- Both full-service and listing-only options are available
- Low 1% fee for the realtor-led package
- The pricing structure may discourage collaboration with buyer’s agents
- Additional services may diminish potential savings
- The fee structure might be confusing
- No option for professional photography services
- $0 upfront cost
- 2.5% buying agent commission at closing
- $699 upfront cost
- 2% buying agent commission at closing
- 1% at closing
- 2% buying agent commission at closing
*Not enough data available at this time
Other discount real estate brokerages in Vermont
Assist-2-Sell offers flat fee real estate listings for Vermont home sellers, but it did not make our list due to a fee that varies by location and limited service information. These factors made it challenging to detail available listing packages and compare Assist-2-Sell to other discount real estate brokers in Vermont.
Discount Realtor pairs Vermont residents with licensed local REALTORS® who offer their services at a discounted rate or flat fee on local MLS. We kept the matching service off our list of best discount real estate brokers in Vermont due to a lack of detailed pricing and service information.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Vermont brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Vermont: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Vermont: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Vermont is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered 38 discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Vermont discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further 107,547 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Vermont region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Vermont options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.