If you’re looking to sell a house and save on realtor commission fees in Birmingham, Alabama, we recommend hiring a discount real estate brokerage. A good discount real estate broker provides the same general services and support as a traditional real estate agent but for a fraction of the price.
The Real Estate Witch Team evaluated #N/A discount real estate brokers in the Birmingham, Alabama, area based on a variety of key factors, including fee structures, customer reviews, sales performance, and more. Our guide will help you choose the right brand to fit your budget and desired level of service.
⚡️ In a hurry? Find top discount realtors near you now.
Top full-service discount real estate brokers in Birmingham, AL
Clever Real EstateLearn More
Our take: If you’re an Indiana homeowner looking to sell and save on realtor commissions without sacrificing quality service, Clever is a great choice.
What we like: Clever offers impressive discounts of up to 50% from traditional realtors. Its matching service is highly reputable and completely free, with no obligations.
How it works: Clever connects you with highly rated, local realtors from reputable firms like RE/MAX and Compass. You’ll have the opportunity to compare options and find the right fit, all while enjoying the exclusive 1.5% listing fee (same as Redfin), regardless of the realtor you choose.
- Collaborate with a reputable agent from a well-respected brokerage (not a discount agent)
- Agents are willing to work with a 1.5% listing fee when you choose Clever
- Access to a wide range of top Indiana realtors
- No assurance you’ll have the opportunity to work with your preferred agent or brokerage
- Additional services such as professional staging, drone photos, and 3D tours may entail extra costs (agents will provide detailed information during their listing presentation)
- 1.5% listing fee ($3,000 min.) at closing
- 2–3% buyer’s agent commission at closing
Redfin IndianaLearn More
Our take: If you’re considering selling your home in Indiana and are looking for a trustworthy discount real estate broker, Redfin is definitely a contender.
What we like: Redfin offers a competitive 1.5% listing fee, which can result in significant savings. Additionally, if you plan on both buying and selling through Redfin within a year, you get an additional 0.5% reduction in your listing fee. Redfin is a well-established and widely recognized brand that provides a diverse selection of discount realtors to choose from.
Things to watch out for: Redfin heavily relies on its technology-driven and team-based approach, which may not align with everyone’s preferences. While most of the process is handled remotely, with a Lead Agent supported by a back-office team, some sellers may prefer a more personalized, one-on-one agent experience. Sellers should note that Redfin has a minimum commission fee of $2,000–3,000 in Indiana. So, depending upon your home’s value and where you’re selling, you may end up paying more than the advertised 1.5% rate.
- Significant savings on listing fees
- Well-established brand with a strong lineup of agents
- Remote, team-based approach may be beneficial for some sellers
- Not available everywhere in Indiana
- Limited selection of agents compared to Clever
*Not enough data available at this time
Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. EST, 7 days a week
Address: 510 E 96th St, Suite 180, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Areas served: Avon, Bargersville, Carmel, Fishers, Franklin, Greenfield, Greenwood, Indianapolis, Lawrence, Noblesville, Shelbyville, Westfield, Zionsville, and more
Complete Real Estate SolutionsLearn More
Our take: Complete Real Estate Solutions offers two comprehensive plans that may be suitable for certain sellers in Indiana, with a few considerations to keep in mind.
What we like: If you’re a seller who is also planning to purchase a new home within 60 or 90 days, Plan 1 offers a 4% total commission at closing, providing a significant discount compared to the standard 6% rate. Meanwhile, Plan 2 offers full-service representation for a 5% commission, still offering some savings compared to traditional rates.
Things to watch out for: It’s not clear whether the company’s services are available throughout all of Indiana or limited to select markets. The duration of the MLS listing period is also uncertain. Additionally, we found no verified transactions, making it challenging to assess the company’s track record.
- Significant savings compared to traditional real estate commission rates
- Comprehensive real estate representation throughout the selling process
- Plan 1 requires the purchase of a new home through Complete Real Estate Solutions as the buyer agent within 60 or 90 days to qualify for the discounted commission
- Lack of customer reviews makes it difficult to evaluate service quality and customer satisfaction
- Plan 1
- 4% total commission at closing (requires sellers to buy a home with the brokerage within 60 or 90 days
- Plan 2
- 5% total commission at closing (doesn’t require a home purchase)
*Total commission includes listing agent commission and buyer’s agent commission.
*Not enough data available at this time
Other discount real estate brokerages in Birmingham, AL
Assist-2-Sell, a long-standing discount real estate franchise and flat fee MLS company, has seen a decline in recent years. While its local offices typically offer full-service options and tiered, flat fee pricing, the specific details may vary depending on the branch. However, due to limited data, we were unable to gather information on pricing, transactions, or customer reviews to confirm the company’s current activity in the state of Indiana.
JF Property Group appears to have a straightforward pricing structure with its primary offering being its 4% total commission plan. However, the absence of customer reviews or transaction data causes some reservations in terms of transparency and reputation. For these reasons, we left it off our Indiana list.
Ken Fisher Realty offers a full-service plan for sellers, charging 2.95%, a below-average commission rate that may provide some cost savings. However, the brokerage’s suggestion to offer a below-market buyer’s agent fee could lead to difficulty selling. Because of this advice, and its relatively high fee compared to other discount realtors, we decided to keep Ken Fisher Realty off our Indiana list.
4 Realty offers a competitive total commission rate of 4% for listing services in Indiana, but we suggest exercising caution before choosing this brokerage. The split between the listing commission and the buyer’s agent commission isn’t made clear. For this reason, we left it off our Indiana list.
Find Alabama discount real estate brokers near me
Some low-commission realtors only serve local areas in Alabama. See more options available in your city.
Limited-service and flat fee MLS Birmingham brokers
Sellers who have more experience in real estate may be interested in using limited-service or flat fee MLS companies. These brokerages offer less support but for a lower fee than full-service discount realtors.
Next steps: Start interviewing real estate agents
Average Real Estate Commission in Indiana: Knowing the standard commission rate in your area can help you avoid overpaying for a realtor and accurately estimate costs when you sell your home.
Indiana Seller Closing Costs and More: Read this guide for a complete breakdown of the costs of selling a house in Indiana, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House Without a Realtor in Indiana: Selling your home without a realtor means you won’t have to pay a listing commission, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? Read this guide to find out if FSBO in Indiana is right for you.
How to Negotiate Realtor Commissions: Negotiating real estate fees centers on knowing the market and your situation, then using that info while talking to multiple agents.
How to Choose the Right Realtor to Sell Your House: When selling a home in today’s market, choosing the right listing agent is key. Most people hire the first traditional agent they interview — here’s a better approach.
Why trust us
Our Research Team gathered #N/A discrete pricing and service models to create our initial list of Birmingham, AL discount real estate brokerages. We then compiled and analyzed a further #N/A publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, licensing info, and more to categorize each service and create our final list and rankings.
The Real Estate Witch Team used public business directories to identify every company in the greater Birmingham region calling itself a discount real estate broker or agent. We then filtered that list down and ranked the top Birmingham options based on the following criteria:
- Service level: We only included and rated full-service discount realtors and brokerages to start, which we think are the best option for most home sellers. These companies offer the same key services you’d expect from a traditional realtor, including in-person representation and end-to-end support.
- Pricing: We assessed each company’s fee structure and cross-referenced it with the service model to determine who was offering (a) the best overall value — price vs. service — and (b) the fewest unfavorable pricing terms, like high minimums, nonrefundable upfront fees, or other hidden costs.
- Customer reviews: We evaluated all verifiable customer reviews for each service. We considered not only the total review counts, average customer ratings, and key positive and negative themes, but we also assessed factors like how recent and relevant the reviews were to customers making hiring decisions right now.
- Sales activity: We looked at available data about past transactions to gauge sales performance and activity level.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission. But this doesn’t influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Real Estate Witch here.