A discount broker is a real estate agent who will help sell your home for less than the average listing commission. Many discount brokers charge between 1–1.5% listing commission or a flat fee.
With the average listing commission in Atlanta currently at 3.00%, a discount broker can lead to substantial savings. Saving on commission can be extra important now that home prices are leveling off. The less you pay in commission, the more you’ll have in your pocket after the sale.
Choosing a discount broker can be tricky. Different brokers provide different levels of service, and some may cut costs by trimming services you actually need.
After researching discount real estate brokers in Atlanta, we narrowed them down to the best ones. Keep reading to see which companies we chose as the best major discount brokers, the top local brokerage, and the top choice for people who want to sell without a realtor in Atlanta.
Quick tips for choosing a discount real estate broker
- Choose your priorities. If saving money is what matters most, consider a flat fee MLS service like List with Freedom. But if you don’t want to sell on your own and value the advice of an experienced agent, choose a company like Clever Real Estate.
- Estimate your actual savings. We’ve provided savings estimates based on assumptions about home value. But to see how much you will save, use your home’s price.
- Pay attention to differences between national and local agents. National brokerages have name recognition and more reach, but they’re not always the best choice to sell your home. Local agents often have the insight you need to sell your home for the top price.
- Carefully research companies and their services. Look at the homes brokers have sold in the past. Are they similar to your home? Read as many online reviews as you can, looking for common themes — good or bad — about the company’s responsiveness and reliability.
- Find a good match for your home’s unique features. If you have a traditional home, you may only need a well-reviewed agent with a reasonable fee. But if you’re selling an architecturally unique home in Grant Park, you’ll want to find a realtor who knows how to market your home’s best features.
Best discount real estate brokers in Atlanta
|Best…||Brand||Avg. savings||Avg. rating|
|Overall||Clever Real Estate||$7,375||4.9/5 (1,995)|
|Local||Linc Realty of Atlanta||$7,000||4.8/5 (32)|
|Limited-service||List with Freedom||$11,700||4.3/5 (1696)|
Best major discount brands in Atlanta
Clever Real EstateLEARN MORE
- Listing fee: 1.5%
- Avg savings: $7,375
- Avg rating: 4.9/5
Clever is a free, nationwide service that matches you with top agents from well-known brokerages like Keller Williams, Century 21, and RE/MAX. You’ll get full service for a listing fee of 1.5%.
Clever is our top pick because it’s a fast and free way to find a top-rated, full-service agent for less. Clever pre-negotiates discounts for you so you can save thousands.
Clever’s concierge service will match you with the right agent who fits your needs, not just the next agent on a list or someone from an out-of-town team. Best of all, there’s no catch: you’ll get the same service you would with any other traditional agent for only 1.5% commission.
Clever has a 4.9/5 on Trustpilot across 1,995 reviews. Customer reviews mention how fast and easy Clever’s agent-matching process is while praising the quality of the agents.
Clever offers low commission rates with top agents in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
- Listing fee: 1.5% (min. fees vary)
- Avg savings: $5,550
- Avg rating: 3.7/5
Redfin offers a 1.5% listing commission — or as low as 1% if you also buy a home using a Redfin agent.
While Redfin offers another way to save on commission, it’s our number two pick because it comes with some tradeoffs. For example, Redfin’s agents manage about three times as many clients as its competitors, meaning your agent might have less time for your questions and concerns.
Redfin has plenty of positive reviews, with a 3.7/5 rating across 301 reviews. In reviews, customers talk about Redfin’s knowledgeable and responsive agents.
Redfin is available in over 100 markets across the U.S.
Looking for more options? Check out the top 10 low-commission real estate brokerages in 2022.
Best local discount real estate broker in Atlanta
Linc Realty of AtlantaWEBSITE
- Listing fee: 1.25%
- Avg savings: $7,000
- Avg rating: 4.8/5
Linc Realty of Atlanta provides full-service listing representation for 1.25%. Agent Mark Tidwell provides a comparative market analysis, handles all marketing, and represents you through negotiation and closing.
Broker/agent Mark Tidwell has over 15 years of experience selling homes in the Atlanta area.
Most customers gave Linc Realty five stars in reviews, saying the level of service they received was everything you’d expect from a full-service realtor but at a discounted rate.
Several reviewers mentioned they’ve used Linc Realty for more than one transaction because they trust they’ll get great service.
Available in the Greater Atlanta area and the following counties: Barrow, Cobb, Dekalb, East Douglas, North Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, and Jackson.
Want to work with a local agent, but hate to miss out on savings? Our friends at Clever Real Estate can get you both. They partner with top local agents in Georgia from trusted brokerages like RE/MAX, Coldwell Banker, and Keller Williams. You’ll get local support from a traditional real estate agent for just 1.5%.
Best limited-service real estate broker in Atlanta
List with FreedomWEBSITE
- Listing fee: $89–295
- Avg savings: $11,700
- Avg rating: 4.3/5
List with Freedom offers four flat fee MLS tiers ranging from $89 to $295. The main difference between the packages is the number of photos in the listing. The $89 listing allows only one photo, while the $295 package allows the maximum permitted on the MLS.
List with Freedom is a nationwide flat fee MLS company best for experienced FSBO sellers.
The company has tons of glowing reviews from customers all over the country. Reviews state the company is easy to work with and affordable.
We recommend the highest tier package because it includes the most photos and gives you access to an online showing scheduler. And at $295, it’s still relatively inexpensive.
List with Freedom doesn’t offer assistance with pricing or negotiation, so make sure you’re confident doing these things on your own.
Available in all states except Alaska, Hawaii, and Kansas.
Selling without a realtor is more complicated than it may sound. If you’re thinking about selling by owner in Atlanta, read these resources first:
How we chose
Real Estate Witch evaluated more than 50 national and local discount real estate brokers and found our top picks based on average savings, clarity of costs and terms, and how customers rated each company’s service.
To narrow down our lists, we first disqualified companies that:
- Did not have an active website
- Did not have any customer reviews on the most common review sites
- Did not clearly disclose their commission rates or terms
Then, we ranked companies based on the following factors:
- Average savings. We established savings based on what consumers would pay across four typical home values — $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, and $750,000 — and compared those rates to a standard 3% listing agent commission.
- Customer reviews. We aggregated reviews from third-party websites including Google, Yelp, Facebook, Trustpilot, Zillow, and Better Business Bureau. We ranked companies based on their review score, as well as the number of reviews.
Note: Pricing data, locations, and other data points are current as of when this article was last updated.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Atlanta?
Clever Real Estate is the best discount realtor in Atlanta, followed by Redfin and local company Linc Realty of Atlanta. For those who want to sell without a realtor, List With Freedom has a great reputation as a flat fee MLS company. Learn more about choosing a discount real estate broker in Atlanta.
What is the best flat fee MLS company in Atlanta?
List with Freedom is the best company in Atlanta to use when selling a home without a realtor. The company has a wide range of plans for FSBO sellers, from $89 to $295. Learn more about List with Freedom flat fee MLS plans.